Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: prc on linux  (Read 9645 times)

August 06, 2010, 12:02:59 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I have nwn runing on ubuntu 10.04 with the recources from bioware and wan't to add prc to it but I can't because the toolset doesn't function on linux and I can't get neveredit to run on my computer (because it uses numarray which no longer exist's xD) so is there another toolset for linux or another way to import the prc to the modules?

August 06, 2010, 12:07:04 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: cosme

I have nwn runing on ubuntu 10.04 with the recources from bioware and wan't to add prc to it but I can't because the toolset doesn't function on linux and I can't get neveredit to run on my computer (because it uses numarray which no longer exist's xD) so is there another toolset for linux or another way to import the prc to the modules?

I have the OC/SoU/HotU modules with the PRC already installed & working.  I can put them on my FTP for you to grab it you'd like.
HEATSTROKE

August 06, 2010, 05:19:52 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

of course that would be awesome (by the way how did you make it?)

August 06, 2010, 08:38:51 PM
Reply #3

On Windows using the PRC Installer.  I will PM you with a link when it's uploaded.
HEATSTROKE

August 07, 2010, 06:58:39 AM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

thanks a lot. (they should say that that works on the manual)

August 12, 2010, 05:45:36 PM
Reply #5

Quote from: DM Heatstroke

On Windows using the PRC Installer.  I will PM you with a link when it's uploaded.

I am in the same situation. Would you care to PM me the link as well please?

August 14, 2010, 02:57:18 PM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

same please...

September 02, 2010, 01:14:31 AM
Reply #7

I will PM you with a link when it's uploaded.

I hope it's all right to ask if I could have these files as well...? I'm in the same boat here.

September 02, 2010, 09:40:22 AM
Reply #8

Quote from: qu1etone

I will PM you with a link when it's uploaded.

I hope it's all right to ask if I could have these files as well...? I'm in the same boat here.

NWN OC Modules with PRC installed
HEATSTROKE

September 02, 2010, 10:18:56 PM
Reply #9

NWN OC Modules with PRC installed

Thank you very much!

September 24, 2010, 02:38:17 AM
Reply #10

DM Heatstroke,

I downloaded the files and copied them into my nwm directory (compressed and moved the original OC files first).  I really appreciate your sharing them.  I ran into a problem trying to use the modules, though.

I'm running NWN with SoU and HotU on Ubuntu 10.10 using the Linux install files for v 1.69 of NWN, and v 3.3h of the PRC.  When I try to start a module, whether with a new or pregenerated character, I get an error saying that NWN cannot open the file, because it was created with a newer version of the toolset or resources.

My question is twofold:  First, has anyone else experienced this issue, and second, is there a way around it?

Thanks in advance,

Woodrobin

September 24, 2010, 07:29:39 AM
Reply #11

Quote from: woodrobin

DM Heatstroke,

I downloaded the files and copied them into my nwm directory (compressed and moved the original OC files first).  I really appreciate your sharing them.  I ran into a problem trying to use the modules, though.

I'm running NWN with SoU and HotU on Ubuntu 10.10 using the Linux install files for v 1.69 of NWN, and v 3.3h of the PRC.  When I try to start a module, whether with a new or pregenerated character, I get an error saying that NWN cannot open the file, because it was created with a newer version of the toolset or resources.

My question is twofold:  First, has anyone else experienced this issue, and second, is there a way around it?

Thanks in advance,

Woodrobin

I've no idea why you'd be seeing that.  Make sure the INI files all have the correct version in them where applicable.
HEATSTROKE

September 24, 2010, 10:27:29 AM
Reply #12
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I had similar problems. The Linux version doesn't seem to like some of the custom content. I discovered running NWN in WINE worked really well and faster than the native Linux version.

September 24, 2010, 11:11:35 AM
Reply #13

Quote from: barna10

I had similar problems. The Linux version doesn't seem to like some of the custom content. I discovered running NWN in WINE worked really well and faster than the native Linux version.

A case sensitivity issue maybe?  Are all of your haks & mods lowercase?
HEATSTROKE

September 24, 2010, 11:18:37 PM
Reply #14
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Probably not! I will check tomorrow