Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Shifter and Intuitive Strike  (Read 3701 times)

August 11, 2010, 05:48:55 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I noticed that intuitive strike is acting rather oddly on my shifter character... sometimes I have (simultaneously) an attack bonus and penalty, sometimes I only have an attack bonus, and sometimes I think it is double or even triple adding my bonus.

Another question about the feat: if your strength is higher (say from a Greater Wildshape) than your wisdom, does it use your strength instead?

August 12, 2010, 08:42:10 AM
Reply #1

Quote from: Fayd

I noticed that intuitive strike is acting rather oddly on my shifter character... sometimes I have (simultaneously) an attack bonus and penalty, sometimes I only have an attack bonus, and sometimes I think it is double or even triple adding my bonus.

Sure they aren't for different feats/bonuses?

Quote from: Fayd

Another question about the feat: if your strength is higher (say from a Greater Wildshape) than your wisdom, does it use your strength instead?

Yes, it should.
HEATSTROKE

August 12, 2010, 09:49:58 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Well, I wasn't taking Nature Sense's +2 into account, but I don't think I should have had an attack bonus of +17 (listed in the character panel, anyway) with a Desert Wind +1 Scimitar. STR 10, Wis 20. I have trouble replicating this though...sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I noticed this in the Ogre/Troll/Orc caves in the Port Llast area, if that helps. I think Resting may have something to do with it, as well as unequipping a weapon and reequipping it. But ... the game DID end up crashing a short while after I noticed this, maybe something else was wrong.

August 17, 2010, 06:40:26 PM
Reply #3

Edit: Woops, You mentioned a scimitar, are you referring to your shifter being in their original form? Either way, the best way to verify whether you're getting the appropriate attack and damage numbers is to check the combat log. See if that matches up with the expected result.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:42:57 PM by heimdallw32 »

August 17, 2010, 07:37:10 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Yeah, original form (mostly because Tomi has a death wish and I can't heal him in any other form.)

I'll take a look at the combat log, see what's going on.

Edit: Well, while looking at the combat log, everything adds up, and correctly at that. Note to self: Don't look at the Character pane in the future for this kind of thing. Thanks for the assistance (and the feat. It's INCREDIBLE for [good] shifters.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:45:37 PM by Fayd »