Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Questions..(I don't know which PrC I have...and an question about DNs)  (Read 2835 times)

August 31, 2010, 08:43:06 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I am wondering what PrC I currently possess. I looked in the Manuel for the PrC recently and saw that the Dread Necromancer spell list had a bunch of added spells DNs do not get both in PnP and my own PrC altered game. Thus, I want to know if this means I am using an older version of the PrC or what? The dread necro glitch is non-existent, so I know I have to be using something somewhat current, however, I would like to know exactly how current. Secondly, I would like to know if, in whatever version of the PrC I have, if the DN has armored caster or not. It dose not show up on my DN charcters' feat lists, but I saw a recent post saying that it is there but invisible. However, if I am using a not current PrC edition, I am not sure if this applies and would like to know if DNs in the version I am using have the invisible armored caster or all together lack the armored caster feat.

September 01, 2010, 01:05:56 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: Giygas

I am wondering what PrC I currently possess. I looked in the Manuel for the PrC recently and saw that the Dread Necromancer spell list had a bunch of added spells DNs do not get both in PnP and my own PrC altered game. Thus, I want to know if this means I am using an older version of the PrC or what? The dread necro glitch is non-existent, so I know I have to be using something somewhat current, however, I would like to know exactly how current. Secondly, I would like to know if, in whatever version of the PrC I have, if the DN has armored caster or not. It dose not show up on my DN charcters' feat lists, but I saw a recent post saying that it is there but invisible. However, if I am using a not current PrC edition, I am not sure if this applies and would like to know if DNs in the version I am using have the invisible armored caster or all together lack the armored caster feat.

I have a question too: Why can't you just use the current version? o.O

If, for some reason, you can't use 3.3h, you can check PRC version by opening prc_inc_switch.nss file (from prc_include.hak). At line 78 should be something like:
const string PRC_VERSION                           = "PRC 3.3H RC2";

That's your PRC version.