Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Wings & Jump  (Read 4377 times)

September 06, 2010, 03:39:28 AM

Er... "You gain wings appropriate to your alignment, and count as a flying creature. The primary benefits is this makes jump checks much easier." so it's said in the manual of the feat 'Wings' of Favored Soul LV17, but in the game I find little difference -- my little angel boy falls to ground frequently... so there're two questions:

1 How does this feat work? BTW, when I enter the official campaign from shop mod the wings added by Favored Soul LV17 & Half-celestial Template will disappear, and does this feat disappear, too?

2 Personally, I think 'flying' means one can 'jump' to anywhere... so is it possible to modify the scripts so that one with 'Wings' will never fail in jumping? If it is possible, then how to do it?

Thanx!

September 06, 2010, 05:34:42 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: william_iii

Er... "You gain wings appropriate to your alignment, and count as a flying creature. The primary benefits is this makes jump checks much easier." so it's said in the manual of the feat 'Wings' of Favored Soul LV17, but in the game I find little difference -- my little angel boy falls to ground frequently... so there're two questions:

1 How does this feat work? BTW, when I enter the official campaign from shop mod the wings added by Favored Soul LV17 & Half-celestial Template will disappear, and does this feat disappear, too?

2 Personally, I think 'flying' means one can 'jump' to anywhere... so is it possible to modify the scripts so that one with 'Wings' will never fail in jumping? If it is possible, then how to do it?

Thanx!

re 1. disappearing wings is a bug in PRC 3.3h - it will be fixed in next version.
re 2. try the script from attachment (place it in prc_scripts.hak)

Shall I make a Fly spell that wold allow 'jumping to anywhere' (creatures with this spell would be considered flying creatures and could jump much further than normally)?

PS. Thanks for reminding me about that ;)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:35:03 PM by xwarren »

September 06, 2010, 11:38:24 PM
Reply #2

That's a pretty good idea actually. (The Fly spell which makes it so you can jump easily to other places)

Something to that effect would make it possible for a few classes to have missing abilities work, also. (Warlock, I think there's another, but I cannot recall which one, will edit this post once I find out.)

I think it should probably be something one can disable in the PRC options however, since it would create balancing issues in multiplayer (since in PnP flying doesn't mean you can't be attacked while flying, but I don't think it would be possible to make it so someone's attackable while 'in transit' in NWN)

September 07, 2010, 03:14:47 AM
Reply #3

You really GREAT one xwarren:D! Thank you again!

September 08, 2010, 02:31:15 PM
Reply #4

That would be a great improvement. That way, jump would indeed make an adequate workaround for flying characters. Perhaps Dive can be modified as well so that its a "jump" on a target (with the dive attack)?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:35:20 PM by bxb32001 »