Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Baseclass: noble  (Read 5511 times)

August 08, 2010, 03:14:44 PM

From What i hear And tested (however i tested it in a earlier version (PRC33G i think).
and we just updated to PRC33h. (dsabrae's server).

in PRC3.3 g All the Feats were broken from what i recall

Feat: Favor, did not seem to use all the values it should. nor did i see anything indicating that it actually upgraded it self ( Favor +1  Favor +2 ect)

Inspire Confidence was 6/day at level 1 but Stopped working PRe level 7 ( or was it 6?).

The feat:      
Coordinate Was/is not selectable, in the racial menu, So the feat cannot be activated ( even it has a activation?) thus it serves no purpose.

with this the class.. really doesn't have any abilities at all.

I did not check but i was Told that the Noble class was not fixed in this new patch version PRC3.3 H, so i figured i'd bring it to light again ( i did another post sometime awhile ago).

The Noble base class is a great role play aspect and potential, but without any abilities it's so severely gimped anything but social role play sorta locks em out.

We'll hopefully this'll help put an eye on it, i would look it up myself. but i know as much as scripting as chuck orris knows about succeeding.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 03:15:49 PM by White195 »

August 09, 2010, 08:18:02 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: White195

From What i hear And tested (however i tested it in a earlier version (PRC33G i think).
and we just updated to PRC33h. (dsabrae's server).

in PRC3.3 g All the Feats were broken from what i recall

Feat: Favor, did not seem to use all the values it should. nor did i see anything indicating that it actually upgraded it self ( Favor +1  Favor +2 ect)

Inspire Confidence was 6/day at level 1 but Stopped working PRe level 7 ( or was it 6?).

The feat:      
Coordinate Was/is not selectable, in the racial menu, So the feat cannot be activated ( even it has a activation?) thus it serves no purpose.

with this the class.. really doesn't have any abilities at all.

I did not check but i was Told that the Noble class was not fixed in this new patch version PRC3.3 H, so i figured i'd bring it to light again ( i did another post sometime awhile ago).

The Noble base class is a great role play aspect and potential, but without any abilities it's so severely gimped anything but social role play sorta locks em out.

We'll hopefully this'll help put an eye on it, i would look it up myself. but i know as much as scripting as chuck orris knows about succeeding.

I've just tested the class in PRC 3.3h:
1. Favor - works as intended - when there is no DM in game it summons a weapon with bonus equal to Noble level/4, if at least one DM is available it sends a message that character has made favor roll, after that DM decides what to do about that (what kind of favor is granted (information, money, equipment...), what is the DC etc). Favor bonus is calculated by script, no extra feats indicating the bonus.
2. Inspire Confidence/Greatness - there is a bug with number of uses per day - it's always set to 5/day - will fix that. Both feats work though.
3. Coordinate - can be selected from radial menu and works.

I've rearranged the feats so they are gained in correct order. Default package sucks :/

August 09, 2010, 03:19:38 PM
Reply #2

Tested it, had to rebuild to fix it properly.

but Yeah the feats and such are working and in proper order now.

the 5/x day is still there.

Also could i recommend that coordinate is made instantious instead of taking 1 round ( aka not standing and waveing his arms around in the middle of combat), coordination is verbal aint it?.

perhaps increase its range a bit too? dunno. but it definately would be more useful if it didnt interrupt my combat ( so i could aid the guy am fighting next to while fighting next to him, since i have to be right next to him to activate it anyway ( you pratically need to hug him).

also.. coordination gives.. Deer horns... yeah whoever i cast/do coordination on gets deer horns for 1 round aswell as the suposed benifits.

August 10, 2010, 12:34:03 PM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

According to the handbook coordinate can't be used to aid ally in combat - now, how do you understand this?

vfx works correctly in PRC, dsabrae didn't merged visualeffects.2da correctly - that's why you see horns ;p

August 10, 2010, 03:17:29 PM
Reply #4

Yeah the horn thingy is just comical ^^

Ah. i don't have the sourcebook. i just found it odd that it gives AB, yet is absolutely not useful for it.

perhaps you could describe what its actually supposed to be used for?

atm i just use it to help party members get by checks ( like disable trap, and succede a UMD check for a scroll, as its a low magic setting).

but if its supposed to be used out of combat why the attack bonus?

just randomly been looking up sites to learn and understand the roleplay behind the noble class and its abilities.

http://www.ogrecave.com/reviews/nobles_handbook.shtml

Favour i realtively got under controle. ( still a bit uncertain -when to roll a favour roll-)

but coordinate completely confuses me, the only thing that comes to mind is that he coordinates his allies to work more effectively. In some manner.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:22:18 PM by White195 »

August 10, 2010, 04:03:30 PM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

Quotes from Dragon Lance Campaign Setting:
   Favor: The noble has the ability to call in favors from those he knows. By making a favor check, the noble can call upon contacts to gain important information without going through the time and trouble of a Gather Information check. Favors can also be used to acquire the loan of equipment or documents from influential acquaintances.
    To call in a favor, the noble makes a favor check. Roll a d20 and add the character's favor bonus (+1 at 1st level, +2 at 3d level, and so on). The DM sets the DC based on the scope of the favor being requested. The DC ranges from 10 for a simple favor to as high as 25 for highly dangerous, expensive, or illegal favors. The noble can't take 10 or take 20 on this check, nor can he retry the check for the same (or virtually the same) favor. Favors should help advance the plot of adventure. A favor that would enable a character to circumvent an adventure should always be unavailable to the character, regardless of the result of a favor check.
    A noble can try to call in a favor a number of times in a week of game time that's equal to half his noble levels, rounded down (minimum one). So a 1st-level noble can attempt to call in a single favor per week, while 7th-level noble can attempt to call in favors as many as three times from different contacts.
    The DM should carefully monitor the noble's use of favors to ensure that this ability isn't abused. The success or failure of a mission shouldn't hinge on the use of a favor, and calling in favors shouldn't replace good roleplaying or the use of other skills. The DM may disallow any favor deemed to be disruptive to the campaign.

Coordinate: A noble has knack for getting people to work together. When the noble can aid others and give directions, he provides a bonus to the task at hand by making an aid another check. This bonus is in addition to the normal aid another bonus of +2, and it increases as the noble gains levels. Therefore, the noble provides a total +3 bonus at 4th level (+2 aid another bonus, +1 cooperation bonus), a +4 bonus at 8th level, and so on.
    This ability can't be used to assist in combat.

August 11, 2010, 01:45:36 AM
Reply #6

to be honest, i can only see the Coordination to be some sort of bonus to skills yeah. but i figure it would help All the people around him ( like a large AoE buff) that breaks on combat?.

Since cooperation means several people working together,
so i presume it should count towards all checks ( like STR checks, Dex check, con check, even int and wis, without actually improving their stats ( if it breaks on combat, then a temp stat improve wont matter). to symbolize that.. Several makes are cooperating in developing their stragedy, several tought guys are helping and coordinating their efforts in pushing that rock.. ect.