Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: A question & a puzzled experimental result...  (Read 2928 times)

September 12, 2010, 06:18:19 AM

Now here comes two questions again... I hope I'm not too annoying

1 Which craft skill supports the rune crafting? Craft(General) or Craft Armor?

2 I'm told that spell from runes can only target myself,so I just made a little test. I tried 4 spells: Burning Bolt, Fireball, Icestorm & Horrid Wilting. The result is: when I 'scribe' the spell into a rune and cast it to an enemy, there was always a message said 'can't scribe rune from item' or so, & then
Burning Bolt did nothing;
Fireball flew to the target but exploded at myself and no one hurt;
Ice Storm and Horrid Wilting acted as usual and killed the enemy instantly(a Lv3 warrior)
These really confused me... what should it be?

BTW, one question again: why do the classes such as Favored Soul have a level cap of 20? Can I simply edit classes.2da and change the level cap of Favored Soul to 40? Will it cause any trouble?

Thanx!

September 13, 2010, 12:56:44 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

1 Which craft skill supports the rune crafting? Craft(General) or Craft Armor?

Craft Armor

2 I'm told that spell from runes can only target myself,so I just made a little test. I tried 4 spells: Burning Bolt, Fireball, Icestorm & Horrid Wilting. The result is: when I 'scribe' the spell into a rune and cast it to an enemy, there was always a message said 'can't scribe rune from item' or so, & then
Burning Bolt did nothing;
Fireball flew to the target but exploded at myself and no one hurt;
Ice Storm and Horrid Wilting acted as usual and killed the enemy instantly(a Lv3 warrior)
These really confused me... what should it be?

They should only target the person activating a rune-stone. Due to the way some spells select targets it was not possible to implement in all cases.

BTW, one question again: why do the classes such as Favored Soul have a level cap of 20? Can I simply edit classes.2da and change the level cap of Favored Soul to 40? Will it cause any trouble?

Because no one has made epic progression for that classes. You can try to edit classes.2da, but I can't guarantee there will be no problems in epic levels.