Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: A Major Problem Concerning Character Creation  (Read 7000 times)

October 16, 2010, 11:57:24 AM

I'm having a serious problem with the PRC in regards to character creation. I've injected the PRC into the module(s) with which I want it to be used. However, when I go to create a new character using the hacked modules, the PRC content appears, but is grayed out, and therefore can't be selected. What could be causing this? Any help at all in this matter would be appreciated.

October 16, 2010, 12:10:08 PM
Reply #1

To make new chars with classes from the prc, you need to use "PRC Character Creator" available int he download section of the site: (3rd download)
http://www.nwnprc.com/downloads.php?cat_id=2

October 16, 2010, 01:01:09 PM
Reply #2

You can't use the in game character creator to make PRC characters. This is caused by a limitation in the NWN engine.  You either have to use the JavaCC that was linked already, or setup the ConvoCC(Intended for server use not for average users).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 07:42:19 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

October 17, 2010, 11:35:11 PM
Reply #3

Sorry it took me so long to respond... Anyways, once I set up the PRC Character Creator (and created the obligatory "portraits" folder in the NWN home folder), everything worked just fine for me. Thanks!

October 18, 2010, 04:41:35 PM
Reply #4

I cannot see any of the PRC classes in the character builder.  Anyone know why?  Also, I am not certain how to merge my files for CEP, and I think that this may be the reason why I do not see the new classes.  Any thoughts?

October 18, 2010, 05:05:44 PM
Reply #5

Quote from: Triphekta

I cannot see any of the PRC classes in the character builder.  Anyone know why?  Also, I am not certain how to merge my files for CEP, and I think that this may be the reason why I do not see the new classes.  Any thoughts?

You have to associate the PRC haks with the JavaCC.  There are premade PRC/CEP merge hacks availible on the NWVault.
HEATSTROKE

October 18, 2010, 05:09:49 PM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

Quote from: Triphekta

Read this first:
http://www.nwnprc.com//nwn/english/content/installation/jcc.htm
It has all the answers you need about CC.

As DM Heatstroke wrote, there are premade merge haks for PRC and CEP. Just run the module updater and select the merge instead of usual PRC installation.

October 18, 2010, 05:33:12 PM
Reply #7

Thank you very much for your prompt response.  I was able to get the CC running but with a flaw concerning lack of class selection, although the races were available.

Where would I find the premade hacks that you mentioned?

October 18, 2010, 07:32:42 PM
Reply #8

At the PRC dowload page. Where else you woudl find a PRC download :p

Here is a more direct lin.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:33:05 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

November 02, 2010, 04:36:09 PM
Reply #9

I got that taken care of.  My problem was that I had the files in the wrong folder, so it could not find the file.  I think that i screwed the whole thing up.  I am probably going to start from scratch with the CEP and PRC.

November 02, 2010, 04:38:51 PM
Reply #10

The Java CC does not need any CEP content to run even if you are using the PRC CEP merge. Just follow the instruction in the manual to set it up.