Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Dread necro spells avaliable  (Read 8798 times)

October 23, 2010, 11:43:07 AM

It says in the handbook that a Dread Necromancer knows all spells, but ingame, i only have access to a select few.

Why the difference >.>?

October 23, 2010, 03:02:30 PM
Reply #1

What do you mean you can only cast a select few? I have player a Dread Necro, before and was not missing any spells.

What spells do you think they should be able to cast, but they can not?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:03:15 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

October 23, 2010, 03:33:25 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Quote from: Pulawski

It says in the handbook that a Dread Necromancer knows all spells, but ingame, i only have access to a select few.

Why the difference >.>?

Dread Necromancer knows all spells from his spell list, that's how it was implemented in PRC.

October 23, 2010, 04:58:37 PM
Reply #3

Angry Ache
Bane
Bestow Wound
Blade of Blood
Cause Fear
Chill Touch
Detect Undead
Doom
Hide From Undead
Inflict Light Wounds
Necrotic Awareness
Negative Energy Ray
Ray of Enfeeblement
Summon Undead I
Undetectable Alignment

These are the spells i shold have known from level 1. The spells i do know, when i go into the dread necro Radial menu is, in no particular order:

Summond undead 1.
Hide from undead.
Chill touch
detect undead
Doom
Bane
Bestow wound
Cause fear
Undetecteable aligment.
Inflict light wounds
Ray of enfeeblement.

Thats just level 1 spells. I lack even more spells at 2 or 3. Could this maybe be a problem with the servers implementation of the PRC or?

October 23, 2010, 05:23:06 PM
Reply #4

hm, i just made  a  new Dread necro ... it seemed to me it had less spells than showed up in the manuals (i know this class got few changes/improvements in the 3.4 version) so kept lvling it (console xD) then got a surprise once i got lvl 4 .. i had a dialogue window allowing me to learn another spell from a list ....
well basically, the missing spells can be learnt once you reach some lvls (lvl 4 as a start) ... you get a dialogue window to choose one from that list. Maybe you could try checking again !!

October 23, 2010, 05:45:19 PM
Reply #5

yeah, but you are supposed to know all spells imeaditly, not having to choose them.

October 23, 2010, 06:49:18 PM
Reply #6

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:23:53 PM by marohair39 »

October 23, 2010, 11:14:39 PM
Reply #7

Oh, so a dread necro will no longer learn all spells? Would it be possible to learn those spells you don't know through a scroll or?

October 24, 2010, 06:16:22 AM
Reply #8
    • View Profile

Quote from: Pulawski

Oh, so a dread necro will no longer learn all spells? Would it be possible to learn those spells you don't know through a scroll or?

Dread Necromancer knows *all* spells from *his spell list*. Every 4 levels he can choose an extra necromancy spell from wizard or cleric spell lists (those spells are *not* on his usual spell list, so he can't learn them automatically).

Our utility that generates manual doesn't check for spells from advanced learning ability, so they are listed on the same page as normal spells. I don't know Java enough to fix this yet.

This is not a bug in PRC Pack (rather in the manual).