Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Noble Class: What ability scores?  (Read 3521 times)

February 18, 2010, 12:24:38 AM

Hi, I decided to try the Noble class today but I noticed something: I have no idea what ability scores to give him, the class doesn't even have an entry in the manual.

Help, please?

February 18, 2010, 04:44:00 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Noble

(BASE CLASS)
Nobles are illustrious because of their rank, title, or birth. Nobles have the ability to use their background, education, natural carm, and skills in social maneuvering to their advantage in their day-to-day lives. An elven princess, the lord of Palanthas, a dwarven thane are all examples. While the motivations and goals of such characters vary widely, each is capable of masking his true intentions behind the veil of etiquette, and of using his charm and wit to gain what he desires.

- Hit Die: d8
  - Proficiencies: A Noble gains proficiencies.with Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons, Shields, and Light Armour.
  - Skill Points: 4 + Int Modifier

ABILITIES:

Level
  1: Favor +1
  2: Inspire Confidence 1/day
  3: Favor +2
  4: Coordinate +1
  5: Inspire Confidence 2/day
  6:
  7: Favor +3
  8: Coordinate +2
  9: Inspire Confidence 3/day
  10:
  11: Inspire Greatness
  12: Favor +4
  13: Coordinate +3, Inspire Confidence 4/day
  14: Inspire Greatness
  15:
  16: Favor +5
  17: Inspire Confidence 5/day, Inspire Greatness
  18: Coordinate +4
  19:
  20: Coordinate +5, Inspire Greatness

Coordinate
  Type of Feat: Class Specific
  Prerequisite: Noble 4.
  Specifics: The character can aid another character, granting him a bonus equal to 2 + the coordinate bonus on his attacks and skills for 1 round.
Use: Selected.

Favor
  Prerequisite: Noble 1.
  Specifics: The Noble can summon a weapon with a bonus equal to his class level divided by 4. If there is a DM in the game, this will instead PM the Dungeon Master with a favour roll for him to adjudicate.

Inspire Confidence
  Prerequisite: Noble 2.
  Specifics: +2 saves vs. fear and charm and +1 to attack and damage for allies for 5 rounds.

Inspire Greatness
  Prerequisite: Noble 11.
  Specifics: +2d6 temp hp, +2 saves and +2 to attack for allies for 5 rounds.

It seems to be a warrior-type class with some party buffs. None of them depends on specific ability scores, so I would put all points into Strength or Dexterity just like with a fighter. I've never played that class though.