Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Skill Focus(Truespeak)  (Read 4569 times)

March 11, 2010, 11:39:44 AM

I've noticed that in 3.3G the skill focus(truespeak) feat doesn't seem to add +3 to the truespeak rank. The feat is called skill focus(truespeech) in game; I don't know if that makes a difference.

I've got a truenamer at level 1 with the feat and her truespeak skill rank is 8. She has an int of 18 so +4 bonus. She also has the feat for skill focus(truespeak). I believe that her truespeak rank should be 11 with that +3 bonus from the feat, +4 bonus from int 18, and all 4 points from being a level 1 toon.

regards,

Tyranthraxus

March 11, 2010, 12:19:14 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

I think it's just not showing on character sheet. The scripts calculating DC for utterances use it for sure (anyway, AFAIK that's the only use of this skill).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:20:41 PM by xwarren »

September 23, 2010, 09:56:02 PM
Reply #2

It's not working.. I suspected it was simply not showing up on the character sheet, but it isn't added to the rolls either. As far as I can tell, the feat doesn't do a thing.

September 24, 2010, 02:31:09 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Quote from: Nekhranokth

It's not working.. I suspected it was simply not showing up on the character sheet, but it isn't added to the rolls either. As far as I can tell, the feat doesn't do a thing.

I've just tested it. It's working :P

You're right, it's not added to the rolls, but instead it's subtracted from the utterance DC.

October 21, 2010, 07:19:41 PM
Reply #4

Ahhhhhh... That'd be why I didn't catch it! *doesn't do the calculations to find out what the DC should be* :P
THANK YOU for clarifying... even if I checked this thread again much later :) I was a bit worried!