Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC and CEP2  (Read 39232 times)

July 29, 2009, 02:46:28 AM
Reply #15
  • Adept
    • View Profile
    • www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h

sorry for the wrong report

the error was in the cep_custom hak with a pile of crap things that i have downloaded to test the pw of my friend...
My servers:

badlands PRC  direct connect:  to3h.redirectme.net

to3h pw : http://www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h/

pindorama educational project nwn : http://projetopindorama.blogspot.com/

September 02, 2009, 04:40:29 AM
Reply #16
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hey, I tried doing the hak merge with the files listed above and it still isn't working, getting the "The module and custom content contain tlk files that cannot be merged. The module update will be aborted". I did an update with CEP using its own updater, could that have effected it?

September 05, 2009, 07:12:30 AM
Reply #17

Quote from: deteego

Hey, I tried doing the hak merge with the files listed above and it still isn't working, getting the "The module and custom content contain tlk files that cannot be merged. The module update will be aborted". I did an update with CEP using its own updater, could that have effected it?

Only if it also modifies modules. If it just alters CEP files, then no. You need to open the module before adding the PRC to it and remove the cep tlk file. Then run the module updater with the merge. This will install the PRC and the merge content.

September 05, 2009, 10:22:46 AM
Reply #18
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://deepingdale.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Yikes the final release of G seems to need a new TlK as all my blackguard spells are no longer happy with the update.  Casting masochism now says " you have no more casting of summon undead" blah blah" and thats no fun at parties.

September 09, 2009, 05:57:20 PM
Reply #19
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm a total newb to PRC and I've got some questions.

I downloaded the prcpack/installer and updated all my modules.  On many of these it generated "merge files'.

I then downloaded the prccep2 and manually placed the hif, hak, & tlk files in the hak & tlk folders respectively.

So, my questions are:

Have I done this right or have I totally screwed things up?

If I've totally screwed things up then how do I fix it?

October 31, 2009, 01:18:51 PM
Reply #20
  • Adept
    • View Profile
    • http://florencevtes.webs.com/

Has anyone made a PRC3.3g and CEP 2 merge tlk yet?

October 31, 2009, 02:20:47 PM
Reply #21
    • View Profile

October 31, 2009, 03:27:32 PM
Reply #22
  • Adept
    • View Profile
    • http://florencevtes.webs.com/

Thank you Fluffy! Thanks for pointing it out xwarren. I really did not feel like merging the two myself.

November 03, 2009, 06:55:31 PM
Reply #23

I hope that this is on topic here.

I am new to custom content in general and am working on my first server using haks. After looking around at what is out there I would really like to use the latest versions of the following resources that are mergeable. If anyone has suggestions or hints I would be appreciative.

- CEP
- PRC
- C.R.A.P.
- Alternate Combat Animations
some other systems I can add later

I am a little confused and overwhelmed on what versions to use.

From reading  Fluffy's reply above on the first page it seems that I might have to combine the scripts for C.R.A.P. by hand? Yikes!

I am starting from an empty module so if anyone can point me in the direction of a base or core module they could give me with these already working that would be even better. I was thinking of even using one of the cep starter modules as a beginning point.

Also horses are not a big deal for me but if anyone has a suggestion on what is better to use with the above system. I thought I read in the rpc guide that  the CEP ones are not workable with PRC.

Lastly I am totally willing to share my work or finished product with anyone that would like a look.

Thanks so much, Vecna

November 04, 2009, 10:58:43 AM
Reply #24

CEP or CEP2?

I thought the CEP2 had C.R.A.P. in it already?  I also thought that the PRC had the ACP in it now as well.
HEATSTROKE

November 04, 2009, 12:23:38 PM
Reply #25

Hello Heatstroke:

In a perfect word I would install

cep 2.2 (updated yesterday through the CEP installer)

PRC (version that is on the downloads page, not sure what that is)

and yes, C.R.A.P. is in the CEP download, that is why I would like to include it. Plus I really like the systems they have as opposed to HCR.

But on the first page of this thread I belive Fluffy suggests that implementing PRC will break the cunftionality of the C.R.A.P. systems. I cannot tell from the PRC documentation if alternate combat animations are included or what versions are if so.

November 05, 2009, 03:16:16 PM
Reply #26

Quote from: DM_Vecna

Hello Heatstroke:

In a perfect word I would install

cep 2.2 (updated yesterday through the CEP installer)

PRC (version that is on the downloads page, not sure what that is)

and yes, C.R.A.P. is in the CEP download, that is why I would like to include it. Plus I really like the systems they have as opposed to HCR.

But on the first page of this thread I belive Fluffy suggests that implementing PRC will break the cunftionality of the C.R.A.P. systems. I cannot tell from the PRC documentation if alternate combat animations are included or what versions are if so.

Well I have all 4 of them in the mod I've been working on, but I haven't messed with the C.R.A.P. stuff so I don't know if it would be broken or not.  I think the ACP conflicts with some of the horse phenos in the CEP2 (or maybe 1.69?) 2DAs but since there aren't any horses on Athas I just let the PRC phenotype.2da take precedence.
HEATSTROKE

November 14, 2009, 10:02:53 AM
Reply #27

Greetings, probably a fundamental question here, but I'm at a bit of a loss.

After fitting PRC into my module, I am now having difficulty getting the door graphics that were initially in the CEP to display properly in game and in the toolset. This includes the Steamworks door, remodded Wood Doors, and some of the jail doors.

Initially it had also disabled all the CEP creature graphics altogether, but I managed to work around that.

Any suggestions?

- Burin077
(World of Anestoril)
Burin077 - Gamer, Designer, Storyteller, the list goes on.

Current Works:
The World of Anestoril - NWN Module - In Progress

November 15, 2009, 01:04:21 AM
Reply #28
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Im posting a not finished discussion from the chat room.  Hoping some one can shed some light on it.

so my question is. I got diamond 1.69 installed - ran cep 2.2, ran cep 2.2 updater. installed PRC 3.3g Ran updater. followed the manual's instruction on prc module updater. used prcc2 to update modules. I created 2 new characters, one was a healer. Using java player creator. Many of the spells are not named correctly.

So I think i got it mostly figured out.
i re did the merge using. prc_pack and prc_ocfix. it works now but the module does not have the merge hack or and cep haks in it.

i just tried prcc2(cep2.2 prc3.3g merge) then applied  prc_ocfix. back to the same problem.
I included screen of contest of champions properties. After only using the prcc2 merge files.  I figured coc it would be a good place to test the merge.
If i use the merge files i get the messed up spells problem. If I just use the prc files it works fine.

Any thoughts? I tried this in the original Modules as well. Same results. I am using back up modules from 1.69 with CEP2.2 installed.
Though when i look in the backup modules. There are not any cep haks installed. I assume this is correct.

Still if the merge hak has the cep in it. shouldn't that work?  
Pls help!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:08:27 AM by Coleman »

November 15, 2009, 09:00:54 AM
Reply #29
    • View Profile

Incorrect spell names might indicate problems with tlk file. If the spells are OK in original PRC (without merge hak) this is probably the case. Have you tried the most recent merge-tlk?

http://daprc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/daprc/nwn/prccomp/trunk/prccep.tlk?revision=66&view=markup
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 09:01:40 AM by xwarren »