Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Character Creator - .hak problems  (Read 2725 times)

November 17, 2010, 03:11:19 PM

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out it is a Java bug. (http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6973685)
I'll leave this here in case anyone else is having troubles.

Hello

I just installed PRC 3.4beta, as I have reformatted some time ago and wanted to play NWN again. BUT: The character creator won't let me add the 3 .hak files to the list in the settings. When I hit the + symbol, nothing happens. I tried to start the CC on my laptop, and there it works (but I can't run NWN on the laptop, as it is way too slow and not meant for gaming). I can, however, create vanilla NWN characters without problems using the CC.

I analyzed the CC and found the registry entries it creates and altered them manually. Now, the .hak files appear in the list as they should, but I can't create any character. When I try to start character creation, the "Loading Dialog.tlk" bar fills to 100%, and the program terminates.

To sum it up: I can either: Create vanilla characters as the .haks can't be added, or I can't create characters at all if I manually add the .hak files via regedit.

I am using Windows 7 and the latest Java, as well as CC 1.8. I tried using the old CC 1.7, but it didn't work either. I tried running the CC in both admin and compatibility mode

EDIT: The PRC is installed correctly, as I can sucessfully choose a PRC class at level-up, as well as choose spells, psionic abilities etc. from the corresponding dialogue.

I hope someone can help me with this...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:53:28 PM by Hadesengel »