Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: How many heads are there?  (Read 6330 times)

November 30, 2010, 06:29:18 PM

hey guys, I noticed that the java character creator's shows human male heads up to
80-somethings, and then skips stragiht to 140+

I didn't give it much attention, until I went on to create a character by looking the appearance in the toolset... and I could choose only up to 30-somethings, and then is skipped to 140+

I got my override folder cleaned after that, but nothing changed.

Gosh, there must be something wrong. Help me here please.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Sorry, it seems I should have been more clear.

I'll reformulate my questions. You don't have to answer all of them, answering just one is already a great help.

Please note that none of these questions is about my files or my problems, all of them are general PRC questions.

1)there is a part in the manual for JavaCC that tells you to open the toolset and edit a creature so you can decide your character's appearance (you take notes of the numbers there etc).
I want to know if you can do this by opening a prc-installed module with the regular toolset and editing a creature there, or if you need ConvoCC/server pack to do this.

2) The thread namer: How many heads are there? By this, I mean "how many male human heads are supposed to be there in a nwn+expansions+prc installation (without any other custom content)?"
This is something (most of) you guys can know by opening the JavaCC in your own computer, creating a human male, and counting the heads available (wich is easy since they're numbered).

Of course, if you have installed CEP or something else, this one might be hard to verify, but please just answer the other question anyway. This is also something you could, maybe, know by memory; and someone at the PRC team surely knows this.

Anyway, just answer what you know, thanks for the patience and comprehension.

X.

Edit 2: Would it be convenient if I deleted my other posts below? Just asking.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:05:02 PM by XtheHunter »

November 30, 2010, 06:58:04 PM
Reply #1

They are probably empty slows to prevent conflicts with CEP heads and clearing the override folder would not of fixed it at any rate haks override the override folder. I do not think anything is wrong on your end.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:58:55 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

November 30, 2010, 09:37:50 PM
Reply #2

Quote from: XtheHunter

hey guys, I noticed that the java character creator's shows human male heads up to
80-somethings, and then skips stragiht to 140+

I didn't give it much attention, until I went on to create a character by looking the appearance in the toolset... and I could choose only up to 30-somethings, and then is skipped to 140+

I got my override folder cleaned after that, but nothing changed.

Gosh, there must be something wrong. Help me here please.

Are the extra heads (i.e. Hakpaks & Overrides) even "read" by NWN at that time?
HEATSTROKE

December 01, 2010, 11:13:27 AM
Reply #3

@InsaneOne
I don't have CEP -or anything besides NWN+Extensions and PRC- installed.

@Heartstroke
Well, every head I chose works fine it seems. I just can't choose' em all.
I do think the module builder "reads" the extra heads..... but not all of them. I mean, I doubt there are 40+ (30+the ones above 140) male human heads in the original NWN.

Guys, can anyone please tell me how many heads are there? Maybe a imprecise estimative? Or at least take a look at your Java character creator and see if there are any numerical gaps in the head selector? Or maybe in the toolset?

Please help people.

December 01, 2010, 12:27:13 PM
Reply #4

The hunter the PRC may of left in blank spots in the heads.2da, so if someone was using the CEP with it they would not override each other. That is why I stated it could be the issue, but from your post that may not be the case.

Just to be clear this is whats happening.

When using the JavaCC you can choose more heads, than in game using the ConvoCC?

December 01, 2010, 04:22:13 PM
Reply #5

I didn't install ConvoCC... it seemed like too much trouble, and I couldn't find all the lines I had to change.... there was that file (can't remember the name) that had all the switches to be changed, but I couldn't open it.

anyway, I though ConvoCC was a server-thing-only, so I just open the regular toolset and load a module like "thar be rats! yarr!" since they have PRC intalled, pick a creature and edit it normally. Is that wrong?

on another note, JavaCC has a gap too, just smaller. Is this gap supposed to be there? how many heads are there?

December 07, 2010, 08:11:10 AM
Reply #6

Guys I REALLY need to have some answer.... I can't create characters properly otherwise.

I gotta know if I need ConvoCC to create characters properly.
I gotta know if the JavaCC head-number gap should be there or if I should reinstall it all.

it's okay to take your time but I'm waiting for 5 days already... please.

December 07, 2010, 09:05:09 AM
Reply #7

Guys I REALLY need to have some answer.... I can't create characters properly otherwise.

I gotta know if I need ConvoCC to create characters properly.
I gotta know if the JavaCC head-number gap should be there or if I should reinstall it all.

it's okay to take your time but I'm waiting for 5 days already... please.

Maybe we don't know?  Maybe you could try opening the bif files with NWNExplorer & telling us?
HEATSTROKE

December 10, 2010, 02:07:40 PM
Reply #8

You don't have to look at my files at all. I edited my first post, take a look, and sorry if I sounded demanding, that wasn't the intention.

December 10, 2010, 02:20:43 PM
Reply #9
    • View Profile

"how many male human heads are supposed to be there in a nwn+expansions+prc installation (without any other custom content)?"

There are 34 'usual' heads (you can choose them while creating character in-game) and 6 'special' heads which can be only added in toolset.

December 10, 2010, 02:38:06 PM
Reply #10

Quote from: xwarren

There are 34 'usual' heads (you can choose them while creating character in-game) and 6 'special' heads which can be only added in toolset.

I might sound annoying, but just to be sure: 34+6 including prc?

EDIT: I mean: prc heads + regular heads = 40?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:40:12 PM by XtheHunter »

December 11, 2010, 03:58:40 AM
Reply #11
    • View Profile

Quote from: xwarren

I might sound annoying, but just to be sure: 34+6 including prc?

EDIT: I mean: prc heads + regular heads = 40?

That's NWN + SoU + HotU + 1.69 patch. PRC doesn't add new heads. Not sure what heads with 140+ numbers are used for, but they are in standard game resources.