Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Dread Necromancer inflict spells  (Read 7543 times)

November 11, 2010, 01:06:42 PM

How can I get Dread Necromancer inflict wounds spells to cast on my summoned undead in the SP campaign? Whenever I try, it says I cannot cast it on them due to PVP settings.

November 11, 2010, 01:54:58 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: Raconteur02

How can I get Dread Necromancer inflict wounds spells to cast on my summoned undead in the SP campaign? Whenever I try, it says I cannot cast it on them due to PVP settings.

I think kicking the difficulty level temporarily will fix this.
HEATSTROKE

November 11, 2010, 02:25:25 PM
Reply #2

Quote from: DM Heatstroke

I think kicking the difficulty level temporarily will fix this.

No dice - I'm already playing on Hardcore.

November 12, 2010, 10:42:21 PM
Reply #3
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I've found this sort of problem in all of the Bioware modules. Sucks big time.

November 13, 2010, 11:50:20 AM
Reply #4

The difficulty setting not fixing it is an issue with how the spells are coded. You need to code in how spells work differently with different difficulty settings.

I may of found the issue with inflict/healing spells. It assumes you never want to use inflict spells on allies. I may of fixed it if you want to test it extract the .ncs file from the zip and add it to the prc_2das.hak. To do that go into the utils folder in your nwn directory and run nwhak.exe. From there open the prc_2das.hak and click add file. Find the .ncs I uploaded and add it. Click save and you should be good to go.

If it works let me know and I will upload my changes for use with the PRC.

PS: I compiled it with the PRC 3.4 Beta the script. I don not think it will work with PRC 3.3H.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 01:04:47 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

November 13, 2010, 12:18:21 PM
Reply #5
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I just fixed it another way, just now. I modified the settings in the toolset. Many of the PvP settings in the Bioware modules are set instead of defering to the server setting. This takes some time, but all you need to do is change the PvP setting in each area of the module to either "Full PvP" or "Default(use server settings)". I tested it and it works.

P.S. I also needed the change for Profane Lifeleech to work. It works now. Muhahhahhah
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 12:19:43 PM by barna10 »

November 13, 2010, 01:27:00 PM
Reply #6

I tested my "fix" and it did not solve the issue. You should be able to cast harm spells on undead allies not matter the PvP settings just like heal spells.

Someone with more knowledge of how the engine handles PvP checks should try and fix it.

November 15, 2010, 02:57:42 PM
Reply #7

Quote from: barna10

Many of the PvP settings in the Bioware modules are set instead of defering to the server setting. This takes some time, but all you need to do is change the PvP setting in each area of the module to either "Full PvP" or "Default(use server settings)". I tested it and it works.

That's exactly it - I noticed on my other character that areas past the first floor or two of Undermountain in HotU are correctly listed as full PVP. Presumably, I would be able to cast Inflict spells on my minions there, making this only a temporary problem. I never made it that far with my Necro because I was assuming I wouldn't ever be able to heal my undead without using area effects.

December 02, 2010, 09:47:59 AM
Reply #8
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Try playing it as a Private Lan game and set the settings to full pvp.