Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Here's the promised patch  (Read 4881 times)

December 08, 2010, 11:54:41 AM
  • Developer
    • View Profile

http://s3.amazonaws.com/NWN/nwnprc.patch

Sorry, it kept growing until now it's another of my mega-patches!

This patch:
* Uses what I call "generations" to prevent delayed commands from running if a later delayed command is scheduled to do the same thing.
    This eliminates unnecessary work and prevents duplicate or obsolete item properties and effects from being added by the earlier delayed command.
    It needs to be used in more places.
* Fixes an issue where SetCompositeBonus and SetCompositeAttackBonus bonuses were sometimes not applied correctly (usually either missing or double bonus).
* Adds a lot of chat commands. These include:
    A help command that lists help information for the other commands.
    Commands for PnP Shifter to shift into and get info about known shapes.
    Debug command for changing the PCs abilities.
    Debug command for setting or displaying the value of persistent and local variables.
    Debug command for listing the modified and unmodified ability scores and skill points of the PC.
    Debug command for listing the effects and item properties applied to the PC and equipment.
    Debug command for changing the PC's gold, xp, and level.
    Debug command for spawning a creature or item next to the PC.
* Makes PnPShifter shape deletion safer: it's much harder to delete the wrong shape by accident (shapes are marked for deletion in one step, marked shapes are deleted in another step).
* Fixes a longstanding issue with PnP Shifter that made immunities provided by a shape still active and listed in the character sheet even when you had unshifted.
* Fixes issue with some modules (e.g. Endless Nights series) that create templates at level 1 and level them up, making Shifter stuck with level 1 for those shapes (because that's what the template is). Handle this by leveling up those shapes to the appropriate level using LevelUpHenchman.
* Fixes a dynamic conversation issue where, if you try to start convo while one is already open (e.g. press the PnP Shifter Options button twice in a row), the convo dialog comes up and won't go away
* Makes Natural Spell available to PnP Shifters without Druid levels.
* Cleans up function that checks the "must have alternate shape" prereq for PnP Shifter.
* Makes some improvements to prc_inc_listener.nss (which I didn't end up using).
* Fixes Shaman Spirit's Favor and Spirit Sight (they didn't apply correctly in some cases).
* Does some other minor cleanup.

Known issues:
* Polymorphing when shifted using NWNX funcs permanently messes up ability scores of true form. I'll work on this.

December 08, 2010, 12:12:02 PM
Reply #1

Looks like a great update except for the bug.

I am curious as to how you enable/disable the Debug commands?

December 08, 2010, 02:42:04 PM
Reply #2
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: KenquinnTheInsaneOne

Looks like a great update except for the bug.

I am curious as to how you enable/disable the Debug commands?

Sorry, I wasn't clear: the bug isn't caused by this patch. The patch just doesn't fix it because I only just discovered it.

The debug commands are enabled/disabled by the PRC DEBUG variable.

December 23, 2010, 10:31:13 PM
Reply #3
  • Associate
    • View Profile

NOTE:  I have not installed this patch yet.  I am curious if my issue below would be addressed by this patch.

I've run into a issue where my Dragonkin Dragon Shaman always has his claw damage even when holding a weapon.  I equip a club and my damage is 1d4 instead of 1d6 (as if I have no weapon equiped).

December 23, 2010, 11:44:37 PM
Reply #4
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: Necro

NOTE:  I have not installed this patch yet.  I am curious if my issue below would be addressed by this patch.

I've run into a issue where my Dragonkin Dragon Shaman always has his claw damage even when holding a weapon.  I equip a club and my damage is 1d4 instead of 1d6 (as if I have no weapon equiped).

Have you checked whether the actualndanpmage is wrong, or just the character sheet? I have seen the character sheet do this.

In any case, the patch shouldn't do anything about this, sorry.

December 24, 2010, 11:41:13 AM
Reply #5

noticed same issue with the raksasha, i could temporarily change it via the "prc options" dialogue in game; choosing "unarmed" as primary weapon ... but it goes back to claws dmg (1d4 ?) after a rest.

ps: i know it's unrelated to this patch, just added a little point out on how to bypass it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 11:43:25 AM by marohair39 »