Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Please tutor me - PRC/CEP/ACP  (Read 4856 times)

December 25, 2010, 01:23:05 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I must be a "newb". That is what I think I am.

Hi there community. Long story short, I'm kaamos, played NWN for quite some time then dropped it.

Now I actually want to get back into the game and found out that there are some great community resources out there.

My questions are: (All expansions+1.69 patch)

- What community resources do you recommend?
 - How do I actually install all the 3 previously stated packs (PRC/CEP/ACP) to make them to work together? (I know there is another topic upon the same issue but I didn't understand much from it. Downloaded the files from there - prc/acp/cep.zip)
 - After I install all the packs, how do I get to play the campaign modules with all the new stuff?

Please be patient. I was actually pretty good at these things but it seems that time took its price.

Thank you for your future help/the time invested in reading this.

Yours' truly,
            kaamos

December 25, 2010, 01:46:32 PM
Reply #1

May as well ask this here. Since the addition of shape packages to the Shifter (pnp) class, I have been wondering if the CEP would add the shapes that are unavaible but can be seen under "explore packages". The entire Animal package is unavailable when you take it as your major or minor focus package making it completely useless. I guess sharks and other strange animals may actually require the CEP or is there a switch to enable those shapes?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 01:49:56 PM by Mindflayer »

December 26, 2010, 09:43:49 AM
Reply #2
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: Mindflayer

I have been wondering if the CEP would add the shapes that are unavaible but can be seen under "explore packages".... I guess sharks and other strange animals may actually require the CEP or is there a switch to enable those shapes?

Actually these don't require CEP. There are a few shapes that do require a switch to be enabled (the ones whose resref starts with "x3"), but sharks are not among them.

The entire Animal package is unavailable when you take it as your major or minor focus package making it completely useless

I'll look into this.

December 26, 2010, 12:00:51 PM
Reply #3

I checked again and also tried all the packages I didn't try before. Apparently, only the construct and dragon packages work (I never bothered to take any of the other packages aside from Animals before). I also cannot choose shapes from those packages at level 10 despite qualifying for at least some of them. So, Elemental, Outsider, Undead, Warrior and Rogue packages don't work for me (only me?).

By the way, sorry for hijacking your thread, kaamos.

December 26, 2010, 12:38:03 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

No problem there.

Everybody needs help.

December 27, 2010, 10:35:35 AM
Reply #5
  • Developer
    • View Profile

I checked again and also tried all the packages I didn't try before. Apparently, only the construct and dragon packages work (I never bothered to take any of the other packages aside from Animals before). I also cannot choose shapes from those packages at level 10 despite qualifying for at least some of them. So, Elemental, Outsider, Undead, Warrior and Rogue packages don't work for me (only me?).

I believe I've fixed these problems. I could post a patch if you know how to use it by rebuilding the PRC.

December 27, 2010, 12:32:06 PM
Reply #6

Quote from: CapnQ

I believe I've fixed these problems. I could post a patch if you know how to use it by rebuilding the PRC.

Thank you very much.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that but I am willing to learn if there is a guide. I don't mind waiting for the next official release, though.

December 27, 2010, 02:35:09 PM
Reply #7
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: CapnQ

Thank you very much.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that but I am willing to learn if there is a guide. I don't mind waiting for the next official release, though.

There is a guide, in the PRCs "Articles" section: http://nwnprc.com/articles.php?article_id=19.

There's also a recent conversation about it somewhere.