Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Pale Master question.  (Read 15689 times)

January 03, 2011, 12:09:56 PM

Do  PRC pale masters get a caster level increase of 9/10 (3.5e), 5/10 (3e) or 0/10 (NWN).  The PRC manual is exactly the same as the NWN tlk, so I'm hoping it's wrong.
HEATSTROKE

January 03, 2011, 12:27:04 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: DM Heatstroke

Do  PRC pale masters get a caster level increase of 9/10 (3.5e), 5/10 (3e) or 0/10 (NWN).  The PRC manual is exactly the same as the NWN tlk, so I'm hoping it's wrong.

Manual is generated from the tlk file and I think we use default entry for Pale Master. The class gains caster level increase every odd level, so it's 5/10 ;)

January 03, 2011, 12:27:49 PM
Reply #2

Quote from: xwarren

Quote from: DM Heatstroke

Manual is generated from the tlk file and I think we use default entry for Pale Master. The class gains caster level increase every odd level, so it's 5/10 ;)

Thanks for the quick answer xwarren.
HEATSTROKE

January 23, 2011, 10:59:44 PM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm trying to follow this build (i wanted to test it), and i'm right now Warrior lv 1 and Wizard lv 3, so my next level should be Pale Master. I'm Chaotic Evil, but for some reason, i can't become a Pale Master. Does someone know why? I think everything is fine... btw, i'm using PRC 3.4 RC1a and playing the OC with the fix. I tried without the PRC, and it works :S
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:55:02 PM by Traxis »

January 24, 2011, 03:01:02 AM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

Quote from: Traxis

I'm trying to follow this build (i wanted to test it), and i'm right now Warrior lv 1 and Wizard lv 3, so my next level should be Pale Master. I'm Chaotic Evil, but for some reason, i can't become a Pale Master. Does someone know why? I think everything is fine... btw, i'm using PRC 3.4 RC1a and playing the OC with the fix. I tried without the PRC, and it works :S

Surprisingly the prerequisites are exactly the same for both bioware and PRC pale master:
REQUIREMENTS:

Arcane Spellcasting: Level 3 or higher.
Alignment: Any non good

You get 3rd lvl spells at Wizard lvl 5, so I guess bioware didn't implemented requirements correctly and Undead Lord is not a valid build :(

January 24, 2011, 07:01:37 AM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I see. Then, could it be possible to modify PRC so i can use that build? If so, how can i do it?

January 24, 2011, 07:08:43 AM
Reply #6

I see. Then, could it be possible to modify PRC so i can use that build? If so, how can i do it?

Why not just change the build slightly?  That would be a lot less work and the build would still basically be the same.
HEATSTROKE

January 24, 2011, 07:29:25 AM
Reply #7
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Maybe, but this way i'll learn how to modify PRC for my own needs. Let's say i encounter another build i can't try because of that. Or something else.
Anyway, how would you alter that build? It's been a long time since i played NWN :|

January 24, 2011, 07:35:38 AM
Reply #8

Anyway, how would you alter that build? It's been a long time since i played NWN :|

Take wizard @ 5th & 6th character level & palemaster @ 17th & 18th character level.
HEATSTROKE

January 24, 2011, 07:42:02 AM
Reply #9
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Oh, i see. I'll try that. Thanks a lot :)
Now, if someone could tell me how to modify PRC. I'm curious about how and what should i modify. He he.

January 24, 2011, 08:08:42 AM
Reply #10
    • View Profile

Extract cls_pres_palema.2da from prc_2das.hak and open it in notepad.

Change line:
0 ScriptVar VAR     PRC_ArcSpell3  0

to:
0 ScriptVar VAR     PRC_ArcSpell2  0  
(for 2nd lvl spells you need only 3 lvls of wizard, so this will work for that build)

save the file and import it back to prc_2das.hak or place in other hak above prc_2das.

January 24, 2011, 08:28:26 AM
Reply #11
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks again xwarren. Should i do that using "BioWare Hak Pak Editor" from utils folder? Or there's a better program for that?

January 24, 2011, 09:12:30 AM
Reply #12
    • View Profile

Thanks again xwarren. Should i do that using "BioWare Hak Pak Editor" from utils folder? Or there's a better program for that?

"BioWare Hak Pak Editor" is the best program for that ;)

February 24, 2012, 11:50:53 AM
Reply #13
  • Adept
  • Doom of Worlds
    • View Profile

I don't know much about coding, but how much trouble would it be to change Pale Master from 5/10 caster levels to full caster?  Just asking because I figure switching him from 1/2 caster to full is easier than switching him to 9/10 as per PnP, and it wouldn't be a balance breaker IMHO.

I was trying to do this locally yesterday but wasn't sure which files to modify.

February 24, 2012, 12:29:09 PM
Reply #14

i've asked xWarren a similar question before, here's the link to the topic:
http://prc.athasreborn.com/index.php?topic=1415.0

ps: just noticed i didn't thank him for the answer, shame on me DX, so "thank you xwarren" xD