Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Whats the max number of caster lvls?  (Read 6683 times)

January 26, 2011, 07:08:50 AM
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I was looking at the crafting instructions again, for a +20 weapon it seems too say you need a caster lvl of 60+...how do you achive this,im sure flicking through the builds I saw one that said casts a cl 60+  but cant seem too find it again anywhere.

Would a Wiz5/Cler5 mystic theurge 30 achive  this..with practiced spellcaster feats and such?

and if so would it allow the number of feats too obtain Epic weapon and armour ,epic wonderous item?  hopefully with a few artisan feats too speed things up?as many as possible really for quickness before resets!

Combat stuff completely not nessecary...entirely focused on the crafting side..more of a rp build tbh.

Can someone point me in the right direction here...or am I just dreaming?

January 26, 2011, 07:53:40 AM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I was under the impression that archmage spellpower was the only way to increase your caster level beyond the combined levels of all your classes and practised caster only increased to the combined levels and then didnt stack or something like that. The other feats only increased dc of the spells. That means it seems to me that the highest effective caster level would be either 45 or 49 depending if it practiced stacked and only spell dc could get higher.

However Im still new even though this mod and game is very old.

January 27, 2011, 06:50:44 AM
Reply #2

Wiz / RWoT / AM. Look under the RWoT builds.
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

January 27, 2011, 07:52:44 AM
Reply #3
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

January 27, 2011, 09:49:45 AM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

Quote from: magpie45

I was looking at the crafting instructions again, for a +20 weapon it seems too say you need a caster lvl of 60+...how do you achive this,im sure flicking through the builds I saw one that said casts a cl 60+  but cant seem too find it again anywhere.

Would a Wiz5/Cler5 mystic theurge 30 achive  this..with practiced spellcaster feats and such?

and if so would it allow the number of feats too obtain Epic weapon and armour ,epic wonderous item?  hopefully with a few artisan feats too speed things up?as many as possible really for quickness before resets!

Combat stuff completely not nessecary...entirely focused on the crafting side..more of a rp build tbh.

Can someone point me in the right direction here...or am I just dreaming?

It seems that with the current code the max possible level is 40 ;p

January 28, 2011, 01:28:44 AM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Quote from: xwarren

If that was true then archmage would only be most useful when having another prestige class that doesnt give caster levels... well it makes for interesting builds I guess.

January 28, 2011, 09:56:18 AM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

Quote from: Findus

Quote from: xwarren

If that was true then archmage would only be most useful when having another prestige class that doesnt give caster levels... well it makes for interesting builds I guess.

I mean in *this* specific case the max caster level is 40 (that's how it's calculated in the scripts). Archmages can have up to 45 caster levels, but spell power feats doesn't count for item crafting.

January 28, 2011, 10:22:08 AM
Reply #7
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

So,if I may ask, what are they there for?...a bit that isint finished?...for npc crafters or DM rewards pehaps?

Or for single player modules that have mega levels?

January 28, 2011, 05:11:06 PM
Reply #8
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Quote from: magpie45

So,if I may ask, what are they there for?...a bit that isint finished?...for npc crafters or DM rewards pehaps?

Or for single player modules that have mega levels?

Its probably just a continuation of a working system. Probably was so easy to code it once you had done it that they made up tp 20+ just to be sure that they didnt have to do it again. I doubt you need 20+ though, the only monster I can think of that has that high damage resistance is a level 10 demilich and pvp has never been balanced anyway.