Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Invocation selection interfering with cut scene  (Read 5827 times)

March 06, 2011, 01:50:52 PM

I recently started another play through of the "Tales of Arterra" series, playing a Warlock. While I encountered no problems during the first module "The Lost", starting the second one, "The Awakening Chapter 1" seems to be impossible. The issue here is that the module starts with some kind of ingame-cutscene where the gui is deactivated, so the player can't do anything, and a npc aproaches, starting a conversation. But before he can do that, the warlock's ivocation selection conversation kicks in, interupting the cutscene. When I'm done with selecting the invocations nothing happens, the gui is still disabled an I need to exit NWN via windows task manager. Does anyone know a solution or a workaround to that problem?

March 06, 2011, 06:41:34 PM
Reply #1

Workaround: Make the character in another module, take the first invocation there, export and import him.

March 07, 2011, 05:19:49 AM
Reply #2

Thanks for the reply. The character isn't a new one, I've played through the first module with it, pure warlock to lvl 13, all invocations already taken. My guess is that the module on start removes not only the char's inventory but also the "hide" or what it is where all the prc feats and everything is added to, thus forcing a warlock to retake all invocations :( . Guess I need to play the second module with a lvl 1 fighter or something and then rebuilding the char with only 12 lvl in warlock, as long as none of you guys has a better idea :( .

Edit: forgot to mention: just in case it's module / builder specific I already tried what you suggested before posting the thread. In other modules he works just fine and "remembered" his invocations
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:23:28 AM by half_evil_333 »

March 07, 2011, 07:18:06 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Quote from: half_evil_333

Thanks for the reply. The character isn't a new one, I've played through the first module with it, pure warlock to lvl 13, all invocations already taken. My guess is that the module on start removes not only the char's inventory but also the "hide" or what it is where all the prc feats and everything is added to, thus forcing a warlock to retake all invocations :( . Guess I need to play the second module with a lvl 1 fighter or something and then rebuilding the char with only 12 lvl in warlock, as long as none of you guys has a better idea :( .

Edit: forgot to mention: just in case it's module / builder specific I already tried what you suggested before posting the thread. In other modules he works just fine and "remembered" his invocations

You're right - the module removes all items, including characters hide on which all persistent data is stored. Extract the attached file to your override folder and check if it works for you.

March 07, 2011, 09:04:44 AM
Reply #4

Nope, didn't do a thing, game is still getting into a loop of non-reaction :P. Many thanks for trying to help nonetheless :).

Edit: Damn, stupid as I am I forgot to mention that I installed prc AND cep with the most up to date merge file. That probably doesn't do a thing about the hide-problem since it only gives me additional heads and appearances for my char but maybe that's the cause your fix doesn't work? Sorry for wasting your time if thats the case :|
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:12:32 AM by half_evil_333 »

March 07, 2011, 10:27:27 AM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

Quote from: half_evil_333

Nope, didn't do a thing, game is still getting into a loop of non-reaction :P. Many thanks for trying to help nonetheless :).

Edit: Damn, stupid as I am I forgot to mention that I installed prc AND cep with the most up to date merge file. That probably doesn't do a thing about the hide-problem since it only gives me additional heads and appearances for my char but maybe that's the cause your fix doesn't work? Sorry for wasting your time if thats the case :|

I hope it's not the case ;p

Just tried that script I posted above with my hexblade character (I've placed it in toa_awakening.hak) and it worked :)
I guess it won't work from override. Please try the same - maybe it will work for you as well.

March 07, 2011, 12:13:52 PM
Reply #6

yup, that worked. Thanks again for the help :).

March 07, 2011, 05:37:15 PM
Reply #7
  • Associate
    • View Profile

This may be a stupid question, but my knowledge of scripting is negligible, so I am afraid looking at the script posted above wouldn't tell me anything.

Is a script a fix specifically for the Arterra modules, or would it prevent hide stripping in general?  And what effect, if any, does it have on modules that block the PRC hide in favor of hides of their own?

March 08, 2011, 07:46:18 AM
Reply #8
    • View Profile

Quote from: Calirion

This may be a stupid question, but my knowledge of scripting is negligible, so I am afraid looking at the script posted above wouldn't tell me anything.

Is a script a fix specifically for the Arterra modules, or would it prevent hide stripping in general?  And what effect, if any, does it have on modules that block the PRC hide in favor of hides of their own?

It's a script specifically for Arterra 'The Awakening Chapter 1' module. Won't work in other modules ;p

March 09, 2011, 03:16:43 PM
Reply #9
  • Associate
    • View Profile