Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC 3.5 beta 2  (Read 38947 times)

September 25, 2011, 07:02:10 PM
Reply #45
  • Associate
    • View Profile

That was true in 3.4 as well.  Playing a Dread Necro (turns lich at lvl 20)/Cleric/True Necro, I would get the boost, since  I was undead.  Every time I moved to a different area, I would get the boost again, getting higher and higher hit points.  Resting resets the whole thing, at least for a player character.

September 26, 2011, 04:13:16 PM
Reply #46
  • Associate
    • View Profile

XWARREN,

Besides the other questions I asked earlier, how does a Druids spontanious casting work?  I see a feat that says all animal summoning spells can be cast by converting other memorized spells, I just can't figure out how to do it?  I don't see animal summoning spells to memorize, just monster summoning spells.

September 26, 2011, 04:14:59 PM
Reply #47
    • View Profile

XWARREN,

Besides the other questions I asked earlier, how does a Druids spontanious casting work?  I see a feat that says all animal summoning spells can be cast by converting other memorized spells, I just can't figure out how to do it?  I don't see animal summoning spells to memorize, just monster summoning spells.

Activate the feat and cast any spell you memorized - it will be automatically converted to summon monster spell of the same level.

October 08, 2011, 01:09:38 AM
Reply #48
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I noticed a few bugs.

The swordsage maneuver Flashing Sun is bugged -- you can only use it to hit yourself. This is easily fixed by changing the range and allowed targets in spells.2da and turning off target self only in feat.2da.

Recovering maneuvers as a swordsage seems wonky. When I to recover one in combat, I go through the dialog, but sometimes I can recover it and sometimes I can't. Also, as someone else mentioned, the sixty second wait to recover maneuvers is a little excessive, especially since they can be recovered in six seconds while in combat if you have adaptive style. What's more, choosing an option and then waiting sixty seconds is almost the same as resting in most situations. But maneuver recovery is specifically meant to not be like resting. Can't you make it so they recover automatically if you are out combat for ten seconds or so?

Finally, I'm curious how maneuvers work in relationship with critical hits or sneak attack. If your scythe wielding warblade/weapon master crit with Diamond Nightmare Blade, would he do 20x damage?

Thanks for all your hard work with this. I'm really happy that there are still updates for NWN1. The Tome of Battle stuff for NWN2 is beautiful what with all the custom GUIs, but he didn't implement any of the prestige classes and I think NWN1 is much better anyway in terms of its engine and the huge library of custom content.

Edit: More bugs.

The feat that substitutes wisdom for strength on attack roles (Intuitive Attack?) is weird. Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it adds double the bonus and it always works for all weapons, not just simple weapons. I think it will sometimes figure out I'm not using a simple weapon and remove the bonus, but often as not I can wield anything I please.

All martial strikes seem to be bugged in that the enemy will frequently have damage reduction against them and they will do no damage. This is particularly strange against Mountain Hammer, which is supposed to ignore damage reduction. I noticed Sapphire Nightmare Blade was implemented as adding its bonus damage as magic damage whereas Mountain Hammer deals physical. I think this is strange since nothing in Sapphire Nightmare Blade's description says it ignores dammage reduction whereas Mountain Hammer's description mentions it clearly.

After using a martial strike I sometimes get the graphical glitch that my weapon disappears for a short time or until I use another strike. I still roll hit and damage as if I'm wielding the weapon, so this is purely cosmetic.

Hatchling's Flame's hit detection is weird. Basically, it never hits. Occasionally, if I target a monster I'm directly facing it will hit that monster, but I've never seen it hit more than one and often as not it just does nothing.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:57:21 PM by grasida »

October 21, 2011, 10:57:18 PM
Reply #49
  • Associate
    • View Profile

XWARREN,

My Dread Necromancer/Warlock/Eldritch Thuerge casts summon undead 1 and gets a skeleton.  I then do the warlock summon swarm - bat and the bats attack my skeleton and the skeleton takes wounding damage.  The description says the swarm should only attach enemies.  Also, why would undead take wounding damage anyway?

October 25, 2011, 08:29:56 AM
Reply #50
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Hi guys! just came back from the ashes! lol, got really bussy @ work :(
Our server has just installed latast prc patch, looks great!
Do you guys know when we will be able to get a merge hak for cep2.4 and prc3.5b?
Will report any bugs if users do so, but seems to be stable enough tho! good work! i love this update

October 26, 2011, 01:33:17 PM
Reply #51
    • View Profile

Sorry, I thought 3.5 final will be released soon after beta 2. I planned to create merges then. Unfortunately I can't work on it right now, so here are the merges for 3.5b2 (i'll upload them to the vault tomorrow)

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30936320/3.5beta2_merges.rar

October 27, 2011, 08:13:24 AM
Reply #52
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Looks great xwarren, will let you know if we get any bugs and we are looking forward to play on 3.5final whenever u gus can release it!