Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: A thread to say thank you and ask a question abou the shifter.....  (Read 4908 times)

February 18, 2011, 04:53:06 PM

I want to start off by saying that I really apreciate all the effort that has been put into making the PRC for all of us players to get lost in. It really has made nwn a much better game and, to be honest, even seems be quite a bit underated compared to how great it really is (you guys have really done a great job).

On to my question - Shifter traits - eg Gorebrute - how do I get them? I can't find them in the feats menu when levelling up (couldn't find gorebrute or even any shifter trait tab) or at char creation (but then again, I started as a monk, so what was I expecting?).

Again, thank you for giving me a nice new toy to play with, and thank you in advance for any answers to my question.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:53:28 PM by bobbyraw »

February 19, 2011, 04:24:41 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: bobbyraw

On to my question - Shifter traits - eg Gorebrute - how do I get them? I can't find them in the feats menu when levelling up (couldn't find gorebrute or even any shifter trait tab) or at char creation (but then again, I started as a monk, so what was I expecting?).

You should be able to choose them in a conversation that pops up right after you join the game. If it's not than there might be some problems with module event scripts (they might cause conflicts with other scripts or weren't installed correctly).

February 20, 2011, 12:59:02 AM
Reply #2

there doesn't seem to be any convo coming up. Could the fact that I'm trying this in HotU be causing the problem?

February 20, 2011, 01:10:04 PM
Reply #3

After the entrance dialogue that appears (that gives you xp) try to jump (appears in the radial) to a close distance (in case you don't have jump skills) ..or simply after the dark elf fight, save and reload !! should appear.

February 20, 2011, 11:05:25 PM
Reply #4

That's  still not doing it. I'll run through what happens as I start the game; I start as Naztharune monk, level up as cleric (taking 9 cleric levels, alertness, endurance), then take shifter levels until bonus XP given is used up. Tried jumping, convo didn't come up. Fought drow thief (learnt its shape and shifted into it after fight - no convo came up after returning to original form).

Could someone please run through what should be happening - does it pop up like the warlock's select invocation convo when you level up?

February 21, 2011, 02:30:46 AM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

Quote from: bobbyraw

That's  still not doing it. I'll run through what happens as I start the game; I start as Naztharune monk, level up as cleric (taking 9 cleric levels, alertness, endurance), then take shifter levels until bonus XP given is used up. Tried jumping, convo didn't come up. Fought drow thief (learnt its shape and shifted into it after fight - no convo came up after returning to original form).

Could someone please run through what should be happening - does it pop up like the warlock's select invocation convo when you level up?

Oh, that explains everything - Shifter traits are for Shifter race not Shifter class ;p

February 21, 2011, 02:02:40 PM
Reply #6

Ahh ok - damn :( I was looking forward to getting that shifter savagery feat. I sounds pretty cool. I guess I'll see if I can work it into a build.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.