Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: NWNCX + PRC (spellcasting classes)  (Read 19733 times)

April 22, 2017, 10:09:58 AM
    • View Profile

Some of you probably know that Community Patch Project is distributed with one very neat plugin for NWNCX. This plugin is developed by Shadooow exclusively for CPP and among other things allows to create new characters with custom classes (yes, from level 1!) and also adds support for 'bioware spellbooks' for custom classes. Since we have many new base classes and many new spellcasting classes in PRC Pack I had to try it out ;)

WodahsEht made modification for 'original Bioware' prestige classes - you can check it out here: Prestige Spellbook Pack.
So I modified classes.2da for compatibility with this patch and created new file with information about spells for every spellcasting class in PRC.

I consider it to be work in progress. I have noticed some bugs, and some PRC features will simply not work with bioware spellboks (ie. advanced learning). I would like to now your opinions/suggestions regarding this project.

Since this forum won't let me to attach file this big I'm posting a link to Dropbox where you can download my test compilation
PRC Spellcasters TEST.7z
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:15:22 AM by xwarren »

May 04, 2017, 09:35:09 AM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

This is awesome.

From my understanding this allows you to learn new spells with prc classes without using the clunky menus you had to use before this?

Also, custom classes at start without using the char creator? Does this apply to races too?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:37:26 AM by dele »

May 06, 2017, 07:09:24 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

From my understanding this allows you to learn new spells with prc classes without using the clunky menus you had to use before this?
Yes, although I noticed some bugs ('Bad strref' instead of name for some spells and spells with subradial options do not work correctly). I am not sure if I have the latest version of nwncx_patch.dll though.

Also, custom classes at start without using the char creator? Does this apply to races too?
Again, Yes. You can select custom races by typing the name in subrace field.

May 12, 2017, 01:06:04 PM
Reply #3

Does this apply to races too?

Be careful if you want to use races with non-standart player models (like illithid and such). You client will crash when you enter character customisation stage.

May 13, 2017, 05:54:34 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Be careful if you want to use races with non-standart player models (like illithid and such). You client will crash when you enter character customisation stage.

Thanks, good to know.

Think i'll do a round of the OC campaigns again.

May 29, 2017, 10:58:42 AM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So i just made an account so i could comment here! Hi everyone.

Could someone give me a detailed explanation how to install NWNCX correctly and apply Xwarven's modification?

The one thing that always put me off of tinkering around a little more with the PRC was the integration of new spellcasting classes into the UI.
Can i assume that the NWNCX and the mentioned modification will correctly integrate everything spellbook related into the correct radial menu?

Thanks in advance for any anwsers!

September 23, 2017, 01:30:23 AM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Some of you probably know that Community Patch Project is distributed with one very neat plugin for NWNCX. This plugin is developed by Shadooow exclusively for CPP and among other things allows to create new characters with custom classes (yes, from level 1!) and also adds support for 'bioware spellbooks' for custom classes. Since we have many new base classes and many new spellcasting classes in PRC Pack I had to try it out ;)

WodahsEht made modification for 'original Bioware' prestige classes - you can check it out here: Prestige Spellbook Pack.
So I modified classes.2da for compatibility with this patch and created new file with information about spells for every spellcasting class in PRC.

I consider it to be work in progress. I have noticed some bugs, and some PRC features will simply not work with bioware spellboks (ie. advanced learning). I would like to now your opinions/suggestions regarding this project.

Since this forum won't let me to attach file this big I'm posting a link to Dropbox where you can download my test compilation
PRC Spellcasters TEST.7z

Hey xwarren, I wanted to try this new system but the dropbox link is down. Could you reupload the 2da files you edited?
Energy Drain is a fun and balanced debuff for the whole family.

November 09, 2017, 10:15:57 PM
Reply #7

I am also interested in trying this out. if xwarren or anyone who has downloaded it while it was still available could upload it again I would be grateful.

December 25, 2017, 11:36:17 PM
Reply #8

I, too, am very interested in this. Especially if we can use it for things like the Warlock's Invocations in amore NWN2 Style of using the spellbok.
The eventual creator of the PRC Incarnum System!
23rd highest post count and counting!

April 30, 2018, 01:42:12 PM
Reply #9

June 15, 2018, 09:06:00 AM
Reply #10
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hi, in light of the possibilities that my plugin offers I started little side project called PRC Lite.

I reimplemented few PRC classes from scratch and also made few new features in my plugin to supplement them.

It requires NWNCX or NWNX and nwncx_patch/nwnx_patch. Also, any spell-related features such as archmage elemental changes will require using spellscripts from Community Patch 1.72, so basically you must use this unofficial patch as well.

Currently I reimplemented these classes:
Acolyte of the Skin
Arcane Trickster
Archmage
Black Flame Zealot
Eldritch Knight
Elemental Savant
Harper Mage
Champion of Bane
Mystic Theurge
Red Avenger
Sacred Fist
Shining Blade of Heironeous
Stormlord
Tempest
Warlock

Note: I am not interested in cloning full PRC. I choosed most interesting and most fun classes, such that can be implemented without any ugly workarounds with the nwnx_patch plugin or community patch spell engine. I will be adding more classes but slowly and one-at-a-time.

Currently I am trying to make some detailed documentation. Does PRC team has any tool for making anything like it? I suppose the PRC online manual was built by some script. Additionally point me to any tool or site that could help with this task, thanks.

June 18, 2018, 07:40:03 AM
Reply #11
    • View Profile

Currently I am trying to make some detailed documentation. Does PRC team has any tool for making anything like it? I suppose the PRC online manual was built by some script. Additionally point me to any tool or site that could help with this task, thanks.

The "Manual Generator" for PRC Pack is located in SVN repository:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/daprc/code/nwn/DocGen/
It requires copying some files from the source (icons, tlk etc) but I'm sure you'll figure this out.

June 18, 2018, 08:11:25 AM
Reply #12
  • Adept
    • View Profile

The "Manual Generator" for PRC Pack is located in SVN repository:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/daprc/code/nwn/DocGen/
It requires copying some files from the source (icons, tlk etc) but I'm sure you'll figure this out.
thanks