Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: I'm Alive  (Read 3204 times)

July 26, 2018, 04:28:10 PM

I'm alive, although I've not touched the PRC in ~9 years at this point. I do occasionally see what's going on with it, but little more. Got different projects to keep me busy now, and to be honest I'm a lot older. I was a sophomore in college when I founded the PrCC (as it was then called), and it's 15 years later. Things change.

But I'm sure I can still remember a few bits and pieces if people need help...
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

July 28, 2018, 06:14:15 AM
Reply #1
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Good to hear from you, Stratovarius :)
Ideas are bulletproof.

July 29, 2018, 12:58:56 PM
Reply #2

Alive   . . .  and hopefully doing well.

Thanks again for such a great and long-lasting creation. Hopefully, the PRC grew into something close to your original vision. The number of contributors and their dedication showed it was a shared endeavor.

The PRC is simply a masterful computerized adaptation of PnP. The sheer volume of content [classes, races, feats, spells, psionics, ToB, truename, item creation, + semi-infinite coolness and flavor . . .] created a texture and completeness the base NWN game could not offer.

As a character builder, I liked looking at other builds and learning all the cool quirks and perks of what I thought were obscure classes. Many 'out of the way' classes were the most fun to play. The race and class combo's enabled a very deep creative sandbox to play in.

Many thumbs up and drinks raised for bringing a complete vision to life. The PRC will be on my machine until the HD fails.

Best of luck and post when you have time.
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

July 30, 2018, 12:30:20 PM
Reply #3

I've not been doing too badly. Well, I at least keep my hand in some content creation.

And assuming there was a vision behind the PRC is a bit much :P It started out purely because I thought the Pale Master was a truly crap necromancer/caster PrC and I could do better than that. What it grew into from there was a completely different beast, but it was always more just about bringing cool PnP content to NWN than any overarching goal.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.