Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: O.C PRC Updating  (Read 3591 times)

July 04, 2011, 11:39:29 PM
  • Adept
  • The Wanderer
    • View Profile

I've been searching for an answer for this for quite a while.
When we add in PRC for the Official Campaigns, Premium Modules and any other Module; How do we update the following to the latest PRC or we don't and have to do back ups then add in the latest PRC for them?

Sorry if I sound really silly at the moment. Thanks in advance.

July 05, 2011, 04:17:06 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

I've been searching for an answer for this for quite a while.
When we add in PRC for the Official Campaigns, Premium Modules and any other Module; How do we update the following to the latest PRC or we don't and have to do back ups then add in the latest PRC for them?

Sorry if I sound really silly at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Auto-updater should make buck-ups for you ;) But you don't have to update your modules every time new release is available. When you install PRC it will overwrite older haks from your hak directory and all your modules will use new haks.

Updating modules would be necessary if any of our *.erf files changed, but there haven't been any significant changes in those files since version 3.0 ;)

July 05, 2011, 08:19:58 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
  • The Wanderer
    • View Profile

Thanks xwarren.
So as we update our PRC, all our haks get replaced and our characters just follow up? And if any of the .erf files change, how do we use the back-ups? Also, where are the OC modules and back-ups located? I can't seem to find them in my module folder.

July 05, 2011, 08:57:10 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Thanks xwarren.
So as we update our PRC, all our haks get replaced and our characters just follow up? And if any of the .erf files change, how do we use the back-ups? Also, where are the OC modules and back-ups located? I can't seem to find them in my module folder.

Some characters won't 'follow up' (but this doesn't happen very often). You will probably have to delete old character and create new one.

OC modules are located in NWM directory. Back-up copies have *.BackupMod extension. You will have to rename them (to *.mod or *.nwm) and run the autoupdater again.

July 05, 2011, 05:28:37 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
  • The Wanderer
    • View Profile

Alright, that's pretty much everything. Thank you xwarren.