Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Question about duskblade's arcane channeling  (Read 4433 times)

July 28, 2011, 04:31:42 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

How do you use the duskblade's arcane channeling ability?  I set arcane channel to the quickbar, toggle it on and then cast a touch spell from the quickbar, but it doesn't seem to do anything and then arcane channeling deactivates.  What's the sequence of commands to use this ability?

July 28, 2011, 08:05:57 PM
Reply #1

I believe that you need to click the button on your quickbar (Activate the ability), then cast a touch spell targeting anything you can (I usually cast it targeting myself, or, if PvP settings don't allow it, an item in my inventory).  You will cast the spell, but instead of having an effect it will say something along the lines of "Spell Stored".

All you need to do then is whack something with your weapon, and the spell will go off.

July 28, 2011, 08:33:51 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

July 11, 2013, 11:46:24 AM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I know this is terrible thread-cromancy but it has some information pertinent to my problem. I created a Duskblade and I believe I've correctly quick-bar'd the "Hold the Charge" toggle. I use the toggle and it displays "*Hold the Charge*". When I cast any of the Duskblade's "touch" spells on myself I get an error about the pvp settings (I'm playing single-player) not allowing me to execute that action. Unfortunately, Uncertainty's fix to cast on an item always outputs an error to the chat log "Sequencer: Can not store an offensive spell" or something along those lines. When I cast the touch spell on anything (say an NPC, chest, etc...) even with *Hold the Charge* toggled, it will cast the spell regularly as a touch spell and won't store it.

I'm using the GoG - NWN - Diamond Edition (1.69) version of the game with PRC 3.5 (no CEP). Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:48:19 AM by Grakl »

July 12, 2013, 07:12:38 AM
Reply #4
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Hold the charge isn't at all related to the duskblade's arcane channeling. In fact, the only ability I remember that uses it is Otiluke's freezing sphere.

Basically, to use duskblade's arcane channeling:

• Use the Arcane channeling feat.
  • Cast any touch-ranged spell on any target, your mainhand weapon is usually a good choice (as it isn't affected by the PvP settings). If the spell you're using isn't correct you'll get that "Can't store offensive spells" message.
  • Hit something.

The real mystery to me is why the spell fires off 4+ times every time you make a successful attack in the following round. It seems a little overpowered... :P