Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: ELC and classes.2da  (Read 6635 times)

September 23, 2011, 07:07:51 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello there. I would ask you for your knowledge.

I have created a hak and edited the classes.2da . For testing purposes I have added after "Purple Dragon Knight" a line with my race and putted on it everything equals to fighter.

Note: The player class column is set to 1.

I have added this hak to a module, started the nwserver.exe and then played the module and leveled up to 40. When I tried to relogin after level up I have selected my char on char list and, when I have pressed "play", the game has not started and gave me a message: "Invalid player class". When I disabled the Enforce Legal Character from NWServer it worked all right.

I thinked that it can be an hak incompatibility and added to xp2.bif the 2da, using the BIF Unpacker/Repacker. No good.

So I ask to you:
Is there any way to insert a new class with ELC enabled and without this kind of message? How?

Thanx a lot.

September 23, 2011, 09:05:50 PM
Reply #1

Hello there. I would ask you for your knowledge.

I have created a hak and edited the classes.2da . For testing purposes I have added after "Purple Dragon Knight" a line with my race and putted on it everything equals to fighter.

Note: The player class column is set to 1.

I have added this hak to a module, started the nwserver.exe and then played the module and leveled up to 40. When I tried to relogin after level up I have selected my char on char list and, when I have pressed "play", the game has not started and gave me a message: "Invalid player class". When I disabled the Enforce Legal Character from NWServer it worked all right.

I thinked that it can be an hak incompatibility and added to xp2.bif the 2da, using the BIF Unpacker/Repacker. No good.

So I ask to you:
Is there any way to insert a new class with ELC enabled and without this kind of message? How?

Thanx a lot.

Hi Asterus.  Are you still using the PRC while doing all this, or is this a mod of the base NWN game?
HEATSTROKE

September 23, 2011, 09:49:35 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

The mod is Kaiser Heart, one still popular NWN modules in Brazil. Our server does not (still) use PRC since we had a lots of problems with cheaters in past and we really need ELC enabled.

My focus is to add some PRC classes and also create custom classes, but I do really want ELC enabled in my mod. Since PRC doesn't support ELC enabled (because several conflicts) I'm trying to make tests adding some classes and testing one by one. But, first, of course, I need an working class to make sure that I can rely on new classes without ELC blocking players from joining.

Even NWN being a bit old we still have around 70 active accounts playing with us, so it is still an option to add some of PRC classes for people play with us...

I'm attaching the error message.

September 23, 2011, 10:00:09 PM
Reply #3

The mod is Kaiser Heart, one still popular NWN modules in Brazil. Our server does not (still) use PRC since we had a lots of problems with cheaters in past and we really need ELC enabled.

Not running a server vault?
HEATSTROKE

September 24, 2011, 12:15:26 AM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

It is running a server vault... of course Local Characters disabled. The problem is that Neverwinter Nights is vulnerable to RAM Scanners like cheat engine, cheat o'matic, and cheaters use these shit to create ubber chars.

September 24, 2011, 03:07:06 PM
Reply #5

It is running a server vault... of course Local Characters disabled. The problem is that Neverwinter Nights is vulnerable to RAM Scanners like cheat engine, cheat o'matic, and cheaters use these shit to create ubber chars.

You could try these scripted ELC systems.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Scripts.Detail&id=1655

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Scripts.Detail&id=2063

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Scripts.Detail&id=9458&id=2302

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Scripts.Detail&id=3760
HEATSTROKE

September 24, 2011, 05:11:45 PM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'll try. Thank you a lot.