Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Waiting for 3.5 final~  (Read 15735 times)

March 05, 2012, 09:44:46 AM
Reply #15
    • View Profile

Awesome!  Need some help testing?
Sure. Here's the pack compiled on satuarday: http://speedy.sh/SVkjb/prc3.5test.7z.

I've modified PRCGetCasterLevel() and saving throw functions, wrote new function for bonus domain casting, rewritten PnP xp system and added some new spells.

March 05, 2012, 11:44:07 AM
Reply #16
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Cool, I'll give her a go

March 07, 2012, 10:46:16 AM
Reply #17
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Ever have any luck fixing the problem with PRC touch attack rolls going up against toolset-added AC and failing horribly against some of the ridiculous bioware enemies, like the "these dragons are too easy let's give them +30 god damn AC there all better" snow globe dragons?  I did a workaround in my current version where I just bypass to the normal touch attack function, so it's no big deal, but just wondering.

March 07, 2012, 11:14:17 AM
Reply #18
    • View Profile

Ever have any luck fixing the problem with PRC touch attack rolls going up against toolset-added AC and failing horribly against some of the ridiculous bioware enemies, like the "these dragons are too easy let's give them +30 god damn AC there all better" snow globe dragons?  I did a workaround in my current version where I just bypass to the normal touch attack function, so it's no big deal, but just wondering.
No, I have no idea how to fix this (without nwnx). Does your workaround can be used in single player mode?

March 07, 2012, 12:55:42 PM
Reply #19
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Yes, because it's a brute force that sacrifices PRC functionality, such as weapon finesse applying to melee touch attacks, ray weapon spec, who knows what else.  But if you're playing in a campaign where AC bonuses are used, abused, and abused some more, you come out on top.  It's been awhile, but a quick diff and I think the only thing I did was change prc_inc_sp_tch.nss in include, replacing the two occurrences of the GetAttackRoll calls, namely:

Code: [Select]
    int nResult = GetAttackRoll(oTarget,oCaster,OBJECT_INVALID,0,nAttackBonus,0,nDisplayFeedback,0.0,TOUCH_ATTACK_RANGED_SPELL); //line 17

int nResult = GetAttackRoll(oTarget,oCaster,OBJECT_INVALID,0,nAttackBonus,0,nDisplayFeedback,0.0,TOUCH_ATTACK_MELEE_SPELL); //line 32

with these two code blocks respectively:

int nResult;
    if (oCaster == OBJECT_SELF)
    {
    nResult = TouchAttackRanged(oTarget, nDisplayFeedback);
    }
    else
    {
    nResult = GetAttackRoll(oTarget,oCaster,OBJECT_INVALID,0,nAttackBonus,0,nDisplayFeedback,0.0,TOUCH_ATTACK_RANGED_SPELL);
    }

int nResult;
    if (oCaster == OBJECT_SELF)
    {
    nResult = TouchAttackMelee(oTarget, nDisplayFeedback);
    }
    else
    {
    nResult = GetAttackRoll(oTarget,oCaster,OBJECT_INVALID,0,nAttackBonus,0,nDisplayFeedback,0.0,TOUCH_ATTACK_MELEE_SPELL);
    }

Now, I remember this as working right, but looking at it I can't really remember what the purpose is of that if statement.  So who knows...

March 08, 2012, 01:53:57 PM
Reply #20
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I have not had time to delve deep enough into nwscript to figure this out on my own, but couldn't you add the target's natural AC bonus and AC bonus to the attacker's touch attack roll?  This would negate the target's natural AC and AC bonus effectively getting you back to what the touch AC should be.

March 09, 2012, 09:07:46 AM
Reply #21
    • View Profile

I have not had time to delve deep enough into nwscript to figure this out on my own, but couldn't you add the target's natural AC bonus and AC bonus to the attacker's touch attack roll?  This would negate the target's natural AC and AC bonus effectively getting you back to what the touch AC should be.
I wish it was that simple. Toolset AC is not natural AC - anyway the question is how to get the amount of that bonus. We could probably calculate characters AC in the script (ie 10 base + Dex mod + equipment + spells) but that's very complicated and not always accurate :(

March 14, 2012, 01:38:55 AM
Reply #22
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Perhaps a PRC switch for a simple touch AC cap, defaulting to uncapped (current functionality)?  For most uses, simply setting it to 20-30 will allow you to beat enemies with ridiculous toolset AC values without affecting the rest of the game.

March 15, 2012, 06:37:20 PM
Reply #23

Nice to see this is still being worked on. 3.5 final will probably get me back into the game. Thanks xwarren.

May 10, 2012, 11:11:56 AM
Reply #24
  • Adept
    • View Profile

But Crusaders granting is now fixed and prestige classes should be handeled properly (ie. JPM will only be able to learn maneuvers from Desert Wind and Devouted Spirit disciplines).
This is probably too late, but the Crusader's maneuver system seems like it really bugs out if there's a lull in combat - which is not a good thing, since using maneuvers can cause this to happen accidentally.   It's not at all good to have your maneuvers reset when you're in the process of using a maneuver, effectively wasting your turn.

The Crusader's delayed damage pool also doesn't seem to reduce damage at all, which leads to incredibly annoying fights around level 4 where you take way more damage than you're intended to.

Crusader Strike and its later versions don't actually heal anyone and I think it's related to the alignment requirement on the maneuver because Martial Spirit actually does work.

Also an unrelated issue.  Draconic Claw and Dragon Tail seem to both be broken.  The former's claws get added to my character sheet, but they never make the extra attacks - and the latter just never shows up at all.