Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Talon of Tiamat - Divine?  (Read 5568 times)

January 18, 2012, 08:22:25 AM

The class descriptor makes it seem like it supports divine casters (ie, Antipaladins, Blackguards)

I was wondering if there was any plans to make it so that the class can be taken and used to its fullest by a Divine Caster? Not simply Arcane as is stated in the manual description?

Just curious. It seems a more divinely oriented class than arcane, yet it only progresses with arcane caster levels.

January 18, 2012, 09:30:44 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Talon of Tiamat is one of those classes that in PnP can be taken by both arcane or divine spellcasters. Unfortunately because of the way NWN handles classes with bonus divine/arcane spell levels, Talon of Tiamat would require 2 entries in classes.2da (same as Master Harper, Elemental Savant etc). There are other classes like this (Alienist, Heartwarder...) and classes.2da is limited to only 255 rows :(

I think that whoever coded the class decided that arcane spellcasting would be more beneficial in this case.

January 18, 2012, 11:35:03 AM
Reply #2
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Re: 255 Rows...

IMO, some of the classes could be done away with to make room for new ones.  Some are better than others.

January 18, 2012, 11:48:31 AM
Reply #3

a work around would be to allow it to level up both arcane and divine casters .. kind of like Mystic Theurge and true necro ... it only increase caster level each 2 lvls, in 10 lvls, no ? sounds fair

January 18, 2012, 12:29:42 PM
Reply #4

THanks, i was curious about this.

January 20, 2012, 06:21:51 AM
Reply #5

There are other classes like this (Alienist, Heartwarder...) and classes.2da is limited to only 255 rows :(

There are lines in that 2da reserved by people who haven't modded NWN in years & years.  Boneshank has at least 5 lines that aren't doing anyone any good.

Of course if you planned to finish up what he started then never mind.
HEATSTROKE