Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Character creator issue  (Read 4674 times)

May 26, 2012, 09:50:57 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Ive looked around and have found nothing about this problem so Ill ask people who know best.

Ive had the character creator working just fine whenever Ive used PrC until just now. When I click on the Create Character button, nothing happens. The other buttons work fine, exiting and opening settings but not the create character button, although it does highlight.

The only reason I can think of this happening is because I installed Neverwinter Nights again, in a different place. Possibly some registry problem?

May 26, 2012, 10:28:18 PM
Reply #1

Ive looked around and have found nothing about this problem so Ill ask people who know best.

Ive had the character creator working just fine whenever Ive used PrC until just now. When I click on the Create Character button, nothing happens. The other buttons work fine, exiting and opening settings but not the create character button, although it does highlight.

The only reason I can think of this happening is because I installed Neverwinter Nights again, in a different place. Possibly some registry problem?

Can you set the NWN path in the JavaCC?
HEATSTROKE

May 26, 2012, 11:36:16 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Can you set the NWN path in the JavaCC?

Yes, I can go into setting just fine with Java, the .exe and the command prompt one and everything is set up like Ive always had it.

The other Neverwinter Nights I have uninstalled already, I put it on there only for a moment.

May 27, 2012, 03:51:14 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Experiment with settings:
1. NWN Directory -> shuld point to your current NWN installation folder
2. Hak Files -> put only prc_2das.hak, prc_race.hak and prc_textures.hak here
3. Use Custom TLK? -> should point to prc_consortium.tlk
4. Use Default TLK? -> uncheck this and point to default.tlk from your current NWN installation

I've attached a file that can also run JavaCC - just extract it to the same dir as cc.jar.

May 27, 2012, 05:11:38 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Experiment with settings:
1. NWN Directory -> shuld point to your current NWN installation folder
2. Hak Files -> put only prc_2das.hak, prc_race.hak and prc_textures.hak here
3. Use Custom TLK? -> should point to prc_consortium.tlk
4. Use Default TLK? -> uncheck this and point to default.tlk from your current NWN installation

I've attached a file that can also run JavaCC - just extract it to the same dir as cc.jar.

Strange, the button is still not opening the actual window to create a character. The menu opens, the button is highlighted but when I click it nothing happens.
ive checked over and over and all the haks and such is set up correctly. My last resort is a reinstall but I really dont want to do that because of everything I have added.