Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Hellfire Warlock Description wha?  (Read 5960 times)

June 29, 2012, 01:53:55 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

That was the majority of players reactions to reading the description for Hellfire Warlock, why? because it flat out lies to you about what's required to access the prestige class. It makes no mention of Brimstone Blast and Hellrime Blast both being required. This was really confusing for a lot of people, and the descriptions never makes mention of this requirement, and even if one was to go by the actual D&D requirement, it's one of, not both.

June 29, 2012, 03:13:25 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Sorry, it's an oversight. I'll fix the description. The class requires Bromstone Blast *or* Hellrime Blast - not both.

June 29, 2012, 03:57:01 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm fairly certain from my own test that having only one of the invocations did not allow me to take Hellfire Warlock, but I'm willing to go back and test that.

June 29, 2012, 04:02:17 PM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

In my current script version (I think it's the one from PRC 3.5) the code that checks Hellfire Warlock prereq's looks like this:
Code: [Select]
    if(GetHasInvocation(INVOKE_BRIMSTONE_BLAST, oPC)
    || GetHasInvocation(INVOKE_HELLRIME_BLAST, oPC))
    {
        SetLocalInt(oPC, "PRC_PrereqHFWar", 0);
    }
it's clear to me that's Brimstone Blast OR Hellrime Blast.

June 30, 2012, 01:10:28 AM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Well I don't know what's going on here, since I have 6 Intimidate, 12 Lore and 6 Spellcraft, as well as Brimstone blast, but I can not pick the Hellfire Warlock class.

As a test I removed Brimstone Blast and took Hellfire Blast at the next level, that unlocked the class. Then as a test I removed Hellfire Blast and went to Brimstone, and the class was still unlocked.

So I decided to do the test again, and this time instead of Brimestone I took Hellfire. (New Character, new module so nothing of the old one left) That unlocked the class on the first go.

This is weird. Although you are correct in that you only need one.

June 30, 2012, 04:24:53 AM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

I've just tested both cases - character with Brimstone Blast only and character with Hellrime Blast only. No problems with taking Hellfire Warlock levels. If it works for me, there's a hope that it will work correctly in future PRC versions.

June 30, 2012, 02:56:22 PM
Reply #6

That was the majority of players reactions to reading the description for Hellfire Warlock, why? because it flat out lies to you about what's required to access the prestige class.

Easy there cowboy, we do this for free & everyone makes mistakes. :D
HEATSTROKE

June 30, 2012, 05:36:24 PM
Reply #7
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Sorry, that did sound rude which wasn't my intention. Simply that a lot of people got confused when they couldn't reach the Hellfire Warlock class. I'll try to think out my words better next time.