Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC Races-only installation  (Read 3593 times)

June 27, 2009, 02:05:10 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I know the PRC is not modular but some people would like to try the new races in a game,  without changing almost everything. Can a minimum number of haks be imported in a module and added in the Character Creator, still having all the benefits of a race plus level adjustment but without also getting new spells or feats or anything else?

June 27, 2009, 03:29:53 PM
Reply #1

There is a way, but it requires a bit of 2da, and script editing.
A lot of PRC races have unique feats, spells, etc, that must be taken away, if you don't want them.
The ECL system is fully script based if i remember, so you must take that part out, and implement it in your own way.

It's not impossible, but it sure takes a while to do it.
We are the result of your laws.
We are the result of your democracy.
We are the result of your corruption.

June 29, 2009, 07:33:18 PM
Reply #2

Quote from: Tarun

I know the PRC is not modular but some people would like to try the new races in a game,  without changing almost everything. Can a minimum number of haks be imported in a module and added in the Character Creator, still having all the benefits of a race plus level adjustment but without also getting new spells or feats or anything else?

It's a lot less work to just install it normally & then disable what you don't want thru switches & 2da editing.
HEATSTROKE