Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Help with classes for a PW (Spanish PW, sorry bad english)  (Read 11693 times)

March 09, 2013, 02:05:42 AM
  • Adept
  • Arthena: Origenes Builder
    • View Profile

Hello all, i'm a builder of a spanish server "Arthena:Origenes". I will like to include some prestige classes and basic classes for our PW. Currently i'm using CEP 2.4 and a few haks (Tilesets, and a Spell Pack).

As i say i will like to include some classes, not all the PRC and not all the heavily scripted classes. I need to translate them before so this is why i don't wan't to include all at once. What can i do?, it's possible to cut some of the PRC and add that material to a PW?

And what i need? currently our PW is launching with nwnserver (the basic program) and i hear some romours in spanish communitys about the need of use additional databases (external, wich need some hosting or something like that).

The prestige class i will like to add are:

Duelist
Archmage
Tempest
Arcane Trickster
Bladesinger
Drunken Master
Knight of the Chalice
Ninja Spy
Mystic Theurge
Frenzied Berserker

The basic classes:

Ninja
Knight
Samurai (Or Samurai CW)
Swashbuckler
Witch
Healer
Favoured Soul
Warlock
Scout
Bowman

Also if someone got a reduced package compatible with CEP 2.4 i will appreciate the colaboration, and at least PRC will get some classes translated to spanish!. If the package got other classes let me know too, i will see we can do, cause i don't know how to handle such material like PRC, it's overhelming for a spanish talker like me.

About the skills, we are using the basic skills of neverwinter, i don't want to change that if it's necessary, and i don't want to enter in truenaming or psionic if it possible.

Is there a spanish server with prestige classes, but i don't know if they are from PRC, but they don't need an additional program to choose that classes. I will like that in my PW too, i don't mind if they can't acces samurai or scout class at the creation screen, they can access that class after.

Thanks for your help!

March 09, 2013, 09:52:05 AM
Reply #1

Hello all, i'm a builder of a spanish server "Arthena:Origenes". I will like to include some prestige classes and basic classes for our PW. Currently i'm using CEP 2.4 and a few haks (Tilesets, and a Spell Pack).

As i say i will like to include some classes, not all the PRC and not all the heavily scripted classes. I need to translate them before so this is why i don't wan't to include all at once. What can i do?, it's possible to cut some of the PRC and add that material to a PW?

And what i need? currently our PW is launching with nwnserver (the basic program) and i hear some romours in spanish communitys about the need of use additional databases (external, wich need some hosting or something like that).

The prestige class i will like to add are:

Duelist
Archmage
Tempest
Arcane Trickster
Bladesinger
Drunken Master
Knight of the Chalice
Ninja Spy
Mystic Theurge
Frenzied Berserker

The basic classes:

Ninja
Knight
Samurai (Or Samurai CW)
Swashbuckler
Witch
Healer
Favoured Soul
Warlock
Scout
Bowman

Also if someone got a reduced package compatible with CEP 2.4 i will appreciate the colaboration, and at least PRC will get some classes translated to spanish!. If the package got other classes let me know too, i will see we can do, cause i don't know how to handle such material like PRC, it's overhelming for a spanish talker like me.

About the skills, we are using the basic skills of neverwinter, i don't want to change that if it's necessary, and i don't want to enter in truenaming or psionic if it possible.

Is there a spanish server with prestige classes, but i don't know if they are from PRC, but they don't need an additional program to choose that classes. I will like that in my PW too, i don't mind if they can't acces samurai or scout class at the creation screen, they can access that class after.

Thanks for your help!

For a PW you will need to use NWNx2 & either MySQL or SQLite (SQLite is the default & comes with the PRC server pack) for a PW database back end & to run the conversation based character generator (ConvoCC).

All you need to do is open classes.2da & look for the playerclass column. For the classes you'd like to keep available in your PW, make sure they have a one (1) in that column.  If you want to disable them put a zero (0) in that column.  Don't mess with the monster classes, they won't show up regardless & are needed for ECL calculation if you are using races with monstrous hit dice.  Put the resulting 2da in your PW's topmost hak file.  After you get done with that you'll need to re-cache the 2da files & then import the resulting file into your PW database.

You can modify feats.2da in a similar fashion.  In this case you just need to set the level that the feat is made available (MinLevel) to 99 & your players will never be able to take it.  You can disable spells directly in the module variables.  Prc_inc_switch.nss (it's in the prc_includes hak) has more info about doing this.  Any files you change need to go into your top hak & you need to re-cache the 2da files & import the resultant SQL file into your PW database before the changes will become active in the ConvoCC.

But to answer your original question, no you can't use the PRC piecemeal, but you can easily tailor it to your PRCs needs.
HEATSTROKE

March 09, 2013, 09:17:54 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Okay so it's more configurable than i though. I just tried to upload the server in local terms and my nwn nights server reported a problem and closes, I used the NWNX2 exe to run the server. Maybe i need to configure SQlite or something like that?, i really don't know nothing about databases...

March 10, 2013, 11:23:55 AM
Reply #3

Okay so it's more configurable than i though. I just tried to upload the server in local terms and my nwn nights server reported a problem and closes, I used the NWNX2 exe to run the server. Maybe i need to configure SQlite or something like that?, i really don't know nothing about databases...

Yeah, you'll want to get either MySQL or SQLite setup as well as getting NWNx2 configured properly for your server.  The log files should tell you what you are lacking.

I don't know much about SQLite, we were using MySQL before we started using the PRC.
HEATSTROKE

March 10, 2013, 11:21:01 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Logs checked and found nothing of interest.

For MySQL or Sqlite i need an adittional program or download or nwnx2 do all the work?

March 11, 2013, 05:44:33 AM
Reply #5

Logs checked and found nothing of interest.

For MySQL or Sqlite i need an adittional program or download or nwnx2 do all the work?

SQLite & NWNx2 comes with the PRC server pack.  MySQL you'll need to download from here.
HEATSTROKE

March 18, 2013, 01:38:09 PM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Still crashing. What I'm doing wrong?

I use the NWNX2 exe for run the server, the Nwnserver windows pop up as normally but after load the module the nwnserver report a problem and closes. Checked the logs, but no valuable info there.

If I need something to catch the issue let me know, I can post NWNX configuration and such things.

March 18, 2013, 05:23:49 PM
Reply #7

Still crashing. What I'm doing wrong?

I use the NWNX2 exe for run the server, the Nwnserver windows pop up as normally but after load the module the nwnserver report a problem and closes. Checked the logs, but no valuable info there.

If I need something to catch the issue let me know, I can post NWNX configuration and such things.

See if it loads using these (older) NWNX2 DLLs.  You can ignore the ones you aren't using.  If it still doesn't work, post your log files.
HEATSTROKE

March 19, 2013, 12:01:38 PM
Reply #8
  • Adept
    • View Profile

With this DLL's the game don't crash, can i use it for the server or not?, cause they are old dlls...

Now i'm using for testing a version of Random Dungeon generator with prc and is going well, at least. The problems went when i use the module( The PW Module in this case) with CEP and a spellpak, y can enter as player, but when i try as DM the server crashes...hm.

At least i can test the PRC in some basics, so thanks for all the help!, maybe i will come with more questions in the future.

March 19, 2013, 01:36:11 PM
Reply #9

With this DLL's the game don't crash, can i use it for the server or not?, cause they are old dlls...

Now i'm using for testing a version of Random Dungeon generator with prc and is going well, at least. The problems went when i use the module( The PW Module in this case) with CEP and a spellpak, y can enter as player, but when i try as DM the server crashes...hm.

At least i can test the PRC in some basics, so thanks for all the help!, maybe i will come with more questions in the future.

Yeah, they *should* be fine.  They are the same DLLs that I have been using for years on Athas Reborn.  The newer DLLS ones crash it as well.

As for your DM issue, you will want to make a normal PRC PC & then convert it into a DM avatar.  Don't try loading an older one that wasn't made with the PRC haks in play.

For PRC testing you're going to want to use this module.  If you have an issue in your PW & can't replicate it in the posted module, then it's more than likely not a PRC issue.
HEATSTROKE

March 19, 2013, 04:07:14 PM
Reply #10
  • Adept
    • View Profile

For PRC testing you're going to want to use this module.  If you have an issue in your PW & can't replicate it in the posted module, then it's more than likely not a PRC issue.

Flaming Sword hak nedeed, searched in nwvault and found nothing  :(

March 19, 2013, 05:08:13 PM
Reply #11

Flaming Sword hak nedeed, searched in nwvault and found nothing  :(

Here you go.  I will have to repackage that, forgot that it included a hak file.
HEATSTROKE

March 25, 2013, 09:51:50 PM
Reply #12
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks, i'm now testing the classes in local mode.

June 18, 2013, 06:11:53 AM
Reply #13
  • Adept
    • View Profile

A short question.

Is possible to make a patch for let the players view all the content in character creation window?

June 18, 2013, 08:13:03 AM
Reply #14

A short question.

Is possible to make a patch for let the players view all the content in character creation window?

I suppose it could be done if one had enough assembly or hex editing knowledge.  Or the source code to the client.
HEATSTROKE