Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC on Linux  (Read 5834 times)

June 29, 2013, 07:19:31 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello!

I installed NWN Diamond on Linux (Mint Debian) and its working perfectly, but eventually I got bored and decided to install PRC.
       Sadly, i'm taking a beating at installing and playing it on the OC, SoU and HotU. I manually placed the files on the right places, but obviously that alone isn't enough. What else do i need to do? I'm cant find the info anywhere.... I already got the CC to work, and my lvl 1 illithid psion is not a barbarian...
       I understand on Windows there's a toolset to "merge" PRC with modules, but how do I do that on Linux?

Thanks in advance

June 29, 2013, 10:23:18 PM
Reply #1

Hello!

I installed NWN Diamond on Linux (Mint Debian) and its working perfectly, but eventually I got bored and decided to install PRC.
       Sadly, i'm taking a beating at installing and playing it on the OC, SoU and HotU. I manually placed the files on the right places, but obviously that alone isn't enough. What else do i need to do? I'm cant find the info anywhere.... I already got the CC to work, and my lvl 1 illithid psion is not a barbarian...
       I understand on Windows there's a toolset to "merge" PRC with modules, but how do I do that on Linux?

Thanks in advance

Well, have you run the module updater? That should set the TLK file to prc_consortium so it can read that and name your classes and such properly.
The eventual creator of the PRC Incarnum System!
23rd highest post count and counting!

June 30, 2013, 10:54:08 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Well, have you run the module updater? That should set the TLK file to prc_consortium so it can read that and name your classes and such properly.

The module updater is a '.exe' file, and won't run on Linux. About the TLK file, are you talking about the Char creator? That is already working perfectly: the barbarian comment was about trying to play OC or SoU with a psion.
     Is there a module updater for Linux, or any other turnaround?

Thanks for replying

June 30, 2013, 11:55:30 AM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Problem solved...

Found an older post that did not appear on my forum searches... Someone already had the problem, and someone else provided all the modules after updating.

Thanks all
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:57:31 PM by RodrigoCA »

June 30, 2013, 11:54:13 PM
Reply #4

The module updater is a '.exe' file, and won't run on Linux. About the TLK file, are you talking about the Char creator? That is already working perfectly: the barbarian comment was about trying to play OC or SoU with a psion.
     Is there a module updater for Linux, or any other turnaround?

Thanks for replying

Ah, I see. Well, the PRC TLK is also used by the modified modules in order to read the names and apply them as directed by the TLK. Good to see you resolved it.
The eventual creator of the PRC Incarnum System!
23rd highest post count and counting!

July 01, 2013, 07:38:48 AM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Sadly, it is not resolved...

When I tried to play, some error appeared because I dont have NWNX and Letoscript, or something like that.
        What I really need are .nwm files for OC, SoU and HotU of the latest version (1.69) after using the PRC module updater on them, PRC  Pack and prc_fix only, without other things.
        Could someone get me those files?

Thanks for the help

*P.S.: I switched my pure linux game install for Wine, and everything worked but the PRC Module Updater.

July 01, 2013, 12:50:53 PM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

PRC Module Updater requires .NET framework so (I think) it won't run on Linux.

My OC modules with PRC installed:
http://speedy.sh/rmnmz/NWNOC-PRC.7z

You could also try one of those modules:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=modules.detail&id=5681
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:21:52 PM by xwarren »

July 01, 2013, 04:25:32 PM
Reply #7
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Tremendous success: your modules worked perfectly.

The Illithid is awesome... thanks for all the help!