Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Breath Weapon from Tiamat, cooldown stuck?  (Read 3395 times)

December 16, 2013, 04:36:40 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So I have a level of Talon of Tiamat with the cone of cold breath weapon, which has a 1d4 cooldown.

Unfortunately, somehow it seems to have gotten stuck! It doesn't ever finish cooling down. Anytime I try to use it the game simply reports "Your breath is still recharging," but never finishes doing so.

Is there something I can edit or some kinda reset or variable I can fiddle to fix it? Resting doesn't help, nor does zoning/restarting the game!

Thanks.

Edit: Also, my draconic auras seem to have spontaneously quit working, too.. Clicking their buttons does nothing, neither activate nor deactivate. :( Is there some kinda generic 'reset' stuff command or button or something? It seems weird to have a few things getting all funky suddenly, especially with version 3.5 of the prc it seems to have been working splendidly.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:45:24 AM by Losian »

December 18, 2013, 10:11:46 AM
Reply #1
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

The breath getting stuck would make sense if you used your breath, then changed module while it was still recharging. I suppose the same thing might happen if you exported a character with it used and then loaded yourself into a different module. Depending on how Bioware implemented DelayCommand, it might happen if you just save and then load a game with it used, but I would hope that they wouldn't have messed up quite like that.

You should be able to unstick it by using the debug console. Press ` (the key below escape) then  type "DebugMode 1", then enter. Then type "SetVarInt UsedTalonBreath 0", hit enter and click on yourself. You will probably want to turn that off again afterwards as it reveals all traps and trigger areas in module - "DebugMode 0" or just "DebugMode" will do that.

As for the auras, I'm not quite so sure, but doing the above with PRC_SwiftActionUsed instead of UsedTalonBreath may work. The cause would be the same, really: reloading a module within a round of using something that needs a swift action.

December 19, 2013, 05:25:23 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

The breath getting stuck would make sense if you used your breath, then changed module while it was still recharging. I suppose the same thing might happen if you exported a character with it used and then loaded yourself into a different module. Depending on how Bioware implemented DelayCommand, it might happen if you just save and then load a game with it used, but I would hope that they wouldn't have messed up quite like that.

You should be able to unstick it by using the debug console. Press ` (the key below escape) then  type "DebugMode 1", then enter. Then type "SetVarInt UsedTalonBreath 0", hit enter and click on yourself. You will probably want to turn that off again afterwards as it reveals all traps and trigger areas in module - "DebugMode 0" or just "DebugMode" will do that.

As for the auras, I'm not quite so sure, but doing the above with PRC_SwiftActionUsed instead of UsedTalonBreath may work. The cause would be the same, really: reloading a module within a round of using something that needs a swift action.

Wonderful I'll give those a try.. I was hoping there was some variable someplace that could just be toggled.. thanks a ton! :)

Both worked! Breath is working and auras are active.. Many many thanks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:28:31 AM by Losian »