Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Lich help?  (Read 21322 times)

July 22, 2009, 03:38:56 PM

Other people seem to be building liches with no problems, so maybe it's just me...

I can't figure out how to make soul gems (for the demi-lich/epic lich). The PRC Manual says to use the Lich Item Creation radial option, but when I click that, it just has the option to make/upgrade phylactery, no soul gems. I've seen people saying to use Wondrous Item Creation, but I have no idea how to do that.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:40:02 PM by Gwythion »

July 22, 2009, 06:15:40 PM
Reply #1
  • Associate
    • View Profile

It has been awhile since I played a lich, but I believe you have to select the lich crafting, then click on the ground.  An altar will appear after the visual effects subside.  This altar will give you the option to create soul gems when you click on it, assuming that you are to a level when you can use them.

July 22, 2009, 07:04:34 PM
Reply #2

My character is level 28, with 10 lich levels, and I've done the altar thing, but when I click the altar, the only option is the upgrade/create phylactery. When I click that, I get floating text that says I need 8 soul gems, and the phylactery doesn't upgrade.

July 23, 2009, 11:00:21 AM
Reply #3

Sounds like something is bugged in your .bic

How did you get past level 4 Lich without Soul Gems?

In order to become a Demilich you must be a level 21 caster.
Each level, you must create one soul gem in order to gain the powers for that level. You must also upgrade your phylactery. To gain the final level, you must have 8 soul gems.
Soul gems cost 120,000 gold and 4,800 exp each gem. (Use the Craft Lich Items feat to create them)

I seem to remember a sort of bug that can happen that allows you to level up too quickly (and "skips" over the Soul Gem check).  I would recommend that you level down the Lich to level 4 (or 1), then relevel it again, doing each level THEN RESTING AFTERWARDS to make sure everything fires as it should, then try to do the Soul Gem creation when required (at level 4, going for level 5).

July 23, 2009, 02:21:15 PM
Reply #4

I did that. I actually started a whole new character, and I was very careful to try to craft and rest every level, and when I levelled the fifth level of lich, I summoned the craft altar, and the only option it had was the phylactery option. Is there a way to fix that file?

July 23, 2009, 02:28:11 PM
Reply #5

Use Craft Wonderous Items to make the soul gems.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

July 23, 2009, 03:26:24 PM
Reply #6

:: Craft Wondrous Item ::

Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Spellcaster level 3+
Specifics: Allows the user to craft wondrous magical items.
Usage: Automatic. Use the Examine Recipe and Craft Item once to examine a recipe and a second time within 6 seconds to craft the item.

Where do I get the recipe?

July 23, 2009, 03:57:27 PM
Reply #7

There isn't one. Recipe crafting is dead and gone.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

July 23, 2009, 04:02:28 PM
Reply #8

So how do I use Craft Wondrous to make a soul gem?

October 21, 2009, 08:12:01 PM
Reply #9

If its not possible to craft the item is there a way to just give the item to yourself using the DM commands?

October 22, 2009, 03:11:19 AM
Reply #10
    • View Profile

To make a soul gem you'll need to use Craft Lich Item and be an epic character (21+). At this stage Craft Wondrous Item has no options to craft soul gems.

Adding the items through DM commands should work.

October 24, 2009, 01:49:26 AM
Reply #11

what would the command be for that? to give the Soul Gem to your character that is.

October 24, 2009, 03:19:27 AM
Reply #12
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
[color=#000033]dm_spawnitem Soul_Gem[/color] or
Code: [Select]
[color=#000033]dm_spawnitem soul_gem[/color]

I'm not 100% sure this will work, why can't you just use Craft Lich Item?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 03:21:13 AM by xwarren »

December 07, 2009, 12:43:26 PM
Reply #13
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Anyone know if this worked?  I'm having the same issue.

And if you were to run the dm client and create the gems, how would you get them to your character if he was on the same computer?

Sorry if it's an obvious answer, I'm knew to this.

Thanks,
Rev

December 09, 2009, 02:23:46 PM
Reply #14
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Couple things -

1 - Using the dm client to create the soul gems DOES seem to work.

2 - Alternatively, when I moved the character into a core content game (I think mine was HoTu chapter 3), the "create soul gem" option appeared in the lich crafting menu.  So it may just be that some custom modules don't read that aspect of the coding, and an alternative answer to the problem (if you don't have the option to craft a soul gem) is to make the soul gems in a core module, and then re-load the character into the custom module you're playing in.  Clumsy, but less so than loading the dm client (possibly).

Rev