Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Drow Bane  (Read 3409 times)

July 24, 2009, 03:55:09 AM

Hi folks,

I want to create the legendary Drow Bane longsword "One Thousand Broken Dreams" in one of my modules. A feat of this weapon is, that it kills Drow outright. So I pondered upon it and want to give this waepon the property On Hit: Slay racial group ... (DC XY).
In the toolset having PRC installed I found three entries for racial groups Drow: "Drow, Male", "Drow, Female" and "Dark Elf".
And there is one entry for "Elf".
Oddly enough, whilst trying out the weapon against a spawned group of Drow, it only worked with On Hit Slay racial group Elf.
This displeases me utterly because it is a weapon from the crown wars and is not supposed kill all elves but only the ilythiiri. I know that I can "pretend" it is right and set it to "Elf", but that is just not my peace of cake.
Can anyone help me to make exaktly this work or tell me which racial group the featured drow in NWN modules belong, so that I can set the variable right?

And what would be an appropriate DC? I want to play a high level character and i am not too familiar with the maths behind the DC.

Thank you, that would be tremendously nice!

Elentaril Iliathorr

July 24, 2009, 07:41:27 AM
Reply #1

The drow in NWN, for instance, HotU, are just elves with dark skin. There is no Drow racial group, except for the few PCs who take it in the PRC. You either kill elves, or build your own module with drow as a separate race.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

July 24, 2009, 08:20:10 AM
Reply #2

Thank you Stratovarius, that clears things up.

What would you deem an apropriate DC keeping in mind that the sword was forged during the Second Crown War and has quite a legacy for slaying Drow? Any advice?