Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: The status of the PRC  (Read 19310 times)

February 26, 2015, 09:39:12 PM

I wanted to inquire about if it is true that most of the team has retired. I was wondering if anyone else was interested in possibly reviving the PRC.

April 17, 2015, 06:50:38 PM
Reply #1
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I guess the lack of answers is telling. That's very sad.

I have always loved the PRC, but I don't have much coding skill or much time. Sigh!

May 06, 2015, 01:19:11 PM
Reply #2

Sorry for the late response, but I'm pretty sure that XWarren is pretty much done with the PRC & all I ever did was host the website & make suggestions.  By all means keep developing it if you want to.

This forum isn't going anywhere as long as someone is using it.
HEATSTROKE

July 11, 2015, 04:53:08 PM
Reply #3

Thank you DM Heatstroke,
                                                   I would love to see the PRC continue to expand. If anyone else is interested in joining me in reviving the PRC feel free to contact me either PM or under this topic.

I am looking for any new classes, spells, races, feats, etc. I myself intend on working on creating Ogre Magi as a race. I am also looking to improve the performance of the PRC in any way I can.

July 11, 2015, 05:47:03 PM
Reply #4

Just like I said on Facebook! If you need anything I am willing to help out in any way I can :)

- Drake

July 12, 2015, 03:08:00 AM
Reply #5

I have a version of the swiftblade class somewhere that I did before and would love to help add more to the PRC.

Also, maybe a switch to creating a PRC plugin for NWNx would help with some of the issues it currently has? I'm not knowledgeable enough to write a .dll but I'm sure I could learn as I understand the fundamentals of programming.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 03:17:07 AM by sablephoenix »

July 25, 2015, 10:23:48 PM
Reply #6

Just like I said on Facebook! If you need anything I am willing to help out in any way I can :)

- Drake

Thank you Drake, I would gladly take any help offered.

I have a version of the swiftblade class somewhere that I did before and would love to help add more to the PRC.

Also, maybe a switch to creating a PRC plugin for NWNx would help with some of the issues it currently has? I'm not knowledgeable enough to write a .dll but I'm sure I could learn as I understand the fundamentals of programming.

Thank you Sablephoenix I would love to include any new classes in the update. And I would welcome any help with the project that is offered.

what issues are you talking about with NWNx2?

October 23, 2016, 10:12:13 AM
Reply #7

I think this topic needs to stay active so someone might realize that there are a few of us that would like to play it. Most people, however, are afraid of trying it out as we hear from "everyone" that it's buggy. I've been on a few sites back in the day that had it and they went down...had nothing to do with PRC being buggy, had to do with problems with Time Warner Cable wanting to charge an arm, leg and first born child to host a server and objecting to someone having a dedicated comp running a game that might have up to 25 or 30 people on it.  Since there are further fiscal complications, all stemming from corporate greed of cable suppliers, AND two or three of the persons running the sites running into RL problems that made them bail, all my home places went away.

That said, I know of two that are now in process of getting PRC sites up and running again.  Looking over the NWN options out there, some might consider limiting the mods run insofar as overpowered races and such, but that's for a different post.

PEACE!

May 30, 2018, 02:45:20 AM
Reply #8

The PRC is very much alive and will continue to flourish.

July 28, 2018, 05:34:01 AM
Reply #9
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

How's it going?
Some time ago I made a list of fixes and changes I'd like to incorporate into PRC, but I am not a competent coder and always had too much to do, so I've never gotten around to it. If you want, I can send you this list (after I translate it from Polish to English xD).

It's mainly focused on ToB stuff (swordsage maneuver recovery not working, maybe additional functionality for Adaptive Style, healing in Devoted Spirit not working...), but also other stuff about warlock, psion and some fundamental bugs. There are around 20 things I listed.

Do you guys still use the old SVN? Are there any changes? I though about trying and compiling it to install, as I have some time to play now. :)

EDIT:
I just tried compiling and got a fatal error - empty file being passed to Dialog.tlk
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 06:13:02 AM by Shalvan »
Ideas are bulletproof.