Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Database needed for MP server?  (Read 3320 times)

September 01, 2009, 09:00:50 AM

I am trying to build a multiplayer module (PW) and don't understand this.

I read somewhere that the database is needed or somethings would not work. I didn't understand what it is that will not work...(?).

In general...what part of the server pack and the PRC GUI is really needed and what happends if you are not using this...

Also the external character creator, I don't get why that is needed. Aren't the new classes showing up in game when a player is making the character? ...oh wait...maybe it isn't doing that before you actually started playing on the server.....

ILR and ELC turned off? Why...I really need thoose...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 09:18:20 AM by superfly2000 »

September 01, 2009, 01:35:19 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: superfly2000

I am trying to build a multiplayer module (PW) and don't understand this.

I read somewhere that the database is needed or somethings would not work. I didn't understand what it is that will not work...(?).

The ConvoCC for starters.

Also the external character creator, I don't get why that is needed. Aren't the new classes showing up in game when a player is making the character?

It isn't needed if you have the ConvoCC running & a SQLite or MySQL backend.  The server doesn't load the custom resources until you are already logged with a character.  After you've made the character.  The ConvoCC let's you remake a character using custom resources in game.   You basically have to run a Servervault if you want to use the PRC in a multiplayer setting.

ILR and ELC turned off? Why...I really need thoose...

ILR interfere with class features like the Soulknives Mindblade & the Pyrokineticsts Flame Lash, as well as spells such as Crown of Might.  You can use a scripted ILR instead however.

ECL will completely prevent PRC characters from logging in.

@ Stratovarious  - these are more good questions for a FAQ
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:36:46 PM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

September 01, 2009, 02:44:25 PM
Reply #2

The convoCC is better at enforcing legal characters at level 1 than ELC is anyway. ILR turned on for a servervault PW breaks the Bioware horse system as well as the PRC.