Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Why don't i have any spells?  (Read 6273 times)

October 16, 2009, 05:24:22 PM

I'm making a Bowman/Justice of Weald and Woe char.

There's nothing in my regular spellbook, and nothing in the radial menu for spells.

Just a hunch, but do I need to take some ranger levels?  Maybe they would show up in that spellbook?

Thanks a bunch, and love the PRC add-ons.

October 17, 2009, 09:52:50 AM
Reply #1
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

JoW&W should get its own spellbook. Did you try resting? Do you have 11+ in the spellcasting ability score? (It's WIS isn't it?)

October 17, 2009, 12:39:30 PM
Reply #2

Quote from: N-S

JoW&W should get its own spellbook. Did you try resting? Do you have 11+ in the spellcasting ability score? (It's WIS isn't it?)

I tried resting several times, but I bet you're right about the ability score.  Seems like I have 12 in Intellegence, so I bet it is wisdom.  I have just 10 ranks in wisdom.  I'll redo the character tonight and post back.

October 17, 2009, 01:16:04 PM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Oops, the manual says nothing about that O.o

N-S is right. JoW&W gets it's own spell book. He is a spontaneous caster, and Wisdom is his casting stat (spells per day, DC, etc.)

October 17, 2009, 02:22:45 PM
Reply #4

Every casting class requires the correct level in the primary attribute for that caster's spells in order to take more spells of a given level.  The one exception that I know of is Favored Soul.  It's primary casting attribute is charisma, but you need wisdom for the spell levels themselves.  So it has a split attribute issue.

October 19, 2009, 08:27:14 PM
Reply #5

Thanks for the help guys.  With a wisdom of 14, I can cast all the spells.

Couple bugs I've found though=

The Justice is supposed to get "Steady Hand" at 6th level, according to the guide/class description.  It doesn't work, meaning that on "Very Difficult" game setting, anyone attacking you in melee combat gets an attack of opportunity on you.  Was really looking forward to that little perk.  Any fixes?  Or is that a hard coded thing?

Also, the spell "Serpent Arrows" doesn't seem to do much.  I was expecting creatures to be summoned or something, but even against weaker Chapter 3 HotU creatures, the spell is always resisted and absolutely nothing happens.

I also don't think "Death Attack" works like it should- I've yet to slay anyone with it after studying them.  Has anyone else tested this?

The Bowman/Justice ranged sneak attack combined with Hide in Plain Sight works great though- especially with Obscuring Mist or Fog Cloud combined with Ultravision.

Anyone elses thoughts on these issues, or the class in general?

October 20, 2009, 02:01:55 AM
Reply #6
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Hm, nope, no way to remove AoO's. Could edit the difficulty 2da for SP play.

DA is just bad unless int-based or very high level assassin/zealot. Even with the uber races an int-based DA build would only be moderately effective.

October 20, 2009, 03:20:09 AM
Reply #7
    • View Profile

AFAIK Steady Hand was impossible to implement.

There was a bug with Serpent Arrows spell, but it's fixed on SVN.

JoW&W gets the unique ability to use Death Attacks with ranged weapons. The level of JoW&W stack with Assassins/Zealots level for DA's DC. So for Int based character like *something*\Assassin\JoW&W it can be a very strong offensive ability (it's capped at 70).

October 20, 2009, 10:39:09 AM
Reply #8
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Quote from: xwarren

\The level of JoW&W stack with Assassins/Zealots level for DA's DC.

Oh, really? It doesn't say that in the description either. :P