Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: CEP + ProjectQ + PRC + CRAP  (Read 5663 times)

November 09, 2009, 01:22:10 PM

So I am trying to make a combination hak of all the above programs.

In my research I have read that CEP is now compatible with PRC and you just need to run the PRC updater after the CEP install in order to combine them successfully. I have also read the same for Project Q.

So is it safe to assume that if I merge CEP 2.2b and Project Q q v1.2 with my own top hak then run the PRC installer over that they will work together?

I know this is probably a somewhat complex questions but I figure it is worth a shot.

Lastly, is there a list anywhere of 2da files that are changed by PRC as well as any line reservations that the group has asked for? I ask as I am trying to post all of this information in order to keep as much cross compatibility for the future.

THANKS SO MUCH!

November 10, 2009, 11:08:47 AM
Reply #1

Quote from: DM_Vecna

So I am trying to make a combination hak of all the above programs.

In my research I have read that CEP is now compatible with PRC and you just need to run the PRC updater after the CEP install in order to combine them successfully. I have also read the same for Project Q.

So is it safe to assume that if I merge CEP 2.2b and Project Q q v1.2 with my own top hak then run the PRC installer over that they will work together?

I know this is probably a somewhat complex questions but I figure it is worth a shot.

Lastly, is there a list anywhere of 2da files that are changed by PRC as well as any line reservations that the group has asked for? I ask as I am trying to post all of this information in order to keep as much cross compatibility for the future.

THANKS SO MUCH!

I've read that the CEP 2 wasn't compatible with Project Q.  If you do successfully make a merge you should put it on the NWVault.
HEATSTROKE

November 10, 2009, 11:30:00 AM
Reply #2

Yes, it is not compatible out of the box you have to go through the 2da files manually and make your own top hak that will serve as a merge. In some other isolated instances you will have to choose between which content provider to use as their systems are intrinsically different (such as shields). But I want to use both so I am attempting to do it.

I will make my work available to all but when I read the forums of each it seems that this is a touchy subject so I am not sure if a vault post will be appropriate, but I just may be dumbenough to try. ;)

December 29, 2009, 04:22:22 PM
Reply #3
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Keep up this interesting work, vecna.^^

March 17, 2010, 01:16:31 AM
Reply #4

Hey Everyone;

I am still working on this project.  :D

However I have decided it is best for my module if I place PRC in the mix last.

But currently I am adding in some custom factions and I want to coordinate them with PRC so that it all works together when I implement it.

so my question...

Does PRC use custom factions and if so where are the scripts for them located. I am assuming that the Drow subrace carries with it a custom faction and when the player logs in it is all sorted out. Now sure if they do this through NWNX or not. But any help from someone in the know would save me a lot of time wading through all the GREAT PRC content.

THANK YOU!!!

March 17, 2010, 02:27:11 PM
Reply #5

Quote from: DM_Vecna

Hey Everyone;

I am still working on this project.  :D

However I have decided it is best for my module if I place PRC in the mix last.

But currently I am adding in some custom factions and I want to coordinate them with PRC so that it all works together when I implement it.

so my question...

Does PRC use custom factions and if so where are the scripts for them located. I am assuming that the Drow subrace carries with it a custom faction and when the player logs in it is all sorted out. Now sure if they do this through NWNX or not. But any help from someone in the know would save me a lot of time wading through all the GREAT PRC content.

THANK YOU!!!

I didn't get any new custom factions after importing the PRC into Athas Reborn.
HEATSTROKE

March 17, 2010, 02:34:03 PM
Reply #6
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://deepingdale.proboards.com/index.cgi?

I added in all my custom factions after the fact, the prc added none to my PW.