Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Suel Archanamach, how to enter  (Read 3809 times)

November 24, 2009, 10:12:12 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello,

I think there is a little oddity about the Suel Archanamach:

Suel Archanamach Requirements:
Base Attack Bonus: +6.
Feats: Any 4 Martial or Exotic Weapon Proficiencies, Combat Casting, Iron Will
Skills: Concentration 4 ranks, Jump 4 ranks, Spellcraft 5 ranks, Tumble 4 ranks.

Combat Casting Requirements (as per NWN):
Ability to cast 1st-level spells.

Combat Casting Requirements (as per D&D 3.5):
None.

This means that by Pen&Paper you can enter Suel Archanamach without having another spellcasting class.
In NWN you can't as you need to be a spellcaster to take Combat Casting.

This kinda defeats the purpose of taking the Suel Archanamach in the first place... It has it's own spellcasting progression.

Imho either it should have it's own progession and not require any prior spellcasting class (either remove the combat casting requirment or remove 1st level spells from Combat Casting requirements)
or you should change the spellcasting progression into an increase of the spellcasting progression that the character had prior to entering.

Any thoughts?

Suel Archanamach is a class I'd love to try, but with only 3 classes available in NWN this makes it difficult to enter.

thank you for this amazing hak-pack :-) I loooooooove it :D

nizzre

November 25, 2009, 02:40:01 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

There are at least 25 classes in PRC that can select that feat. You can combine one of those with a non-casting class for weapon proficiencies and than enter Suel Arcanamach. IMHO the number of options is more than enough (compared to some other classes).

Sample Suel Arcanamach from Complete Arcane: cleric 3/rogue 6/Suel arcanamach 10