Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Psion Henchman  (Read 5571 times)

January 04, 2010, 06:27:39 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm working on creating a prc based module and want to add henchman for all sorts of prc related classes.  in order to do this it seems I need to create custom packages since PRC doesn't have packages for many of it's classes.  the other problem is since it seems most prc classes gain spells through a dialog, I can't figure out how to make it work with the henchman system.  I particularly want to make a psion henchman.  If anyone has any ideas that would be great!

-Snaid
(PS. I have read and used Hutsman's and Nereng's henchman tutorials to learn what I know about custom packages.)

January 05, 2010, 01:22:02 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: Snaid1

I'm working on creating a prc based module and want to add henchman for all sorts of prc related classes.  in order to do this it seems I need to create custom packages since PRC doesn't have packages for many of it's classes.  the other problem is since it seems most prc classes gain spells through a dialog, I can't figure out how to make it work with the henchman system.  I particularly want to make a psion henchman.  If anyone has any ideas that would be great!

-Snaid
(PS. I have read and used Hutsman's and Nereng's henchman tutorials to learn what I know about custom packages.)

Just so you know, your psion henchman won't actually use their powers or anything.  Unless you are coding AI for them as well, of course.
HEATSTROKE

January 05, 2010, 01:46:58 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

DM Heatstroke is right. NPCs can't use any 'active' abilities from PRC (so no casting from new spell books, no psionic powers, invocations etc.).

If you want to create henchmen for your module, use classes that have a lot of 'passive' abilities (those that are always active) or classes that improve original BioWare abilities and spell books (i.e. Monk/Cleric/Sacred Fist would be a great henchman even if he wouldn't use Sacred Flame and Inner Armour feats).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:47:51 PM by xwarren »

January 05, 2010, 05:39:49 PM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I have no problem with scripting.  do you know a good AI scripting tutorial?

January 06, 2010, 10:32:43 AM
Reply #4

Quote from: Snaid1

I have no problem with scripting.  do you know a good AI scripting tutorial?

Looking thru Jasperre's or TonyK's AI would be a good start, but you may want to try to get a hold of Primogenitor & start where he  gave up at.
HEATSTROKE

June 08, 2010, 12:59:52 AM
Reply #5

Just wanted to add something...it's not...entirely true...that the stock AI won't use any PRC abilities.

I made a Lich/Wizard and was taking it through HotR, and during the Hall of Mirrors clone fight, the AI apparently ran out of spells (Demlich, to be exact, so both of us were immune to non-epic spells), ran out of consumables, then proceeded to start to use the Lich "Alter Self"...repeatidly.

(Completely off topic, but as a tip, have epic spells at the ready if you do what I did, because otherwise you'll be stuck poking at yourself forever doing zero damage back and forth xD)

June 08, 2010, 06:28:12 AM
Reply #6

Quote from: heimdallw32

Just wanted to add something...it's not...entirely true...that the stock AI won't use any PRC abilities.

I made a Lich/Wizard and was taking it through HotR, and during the Hall of Mirrors clone fight, the AI apparently ran out of spells (Demlich, to be exact, so both of us were immune to non-epic spells), ran out of consumables, then proceeded to start to use the Lich "Alter Self"...repeatidly.

(Completely off topic, but as a tip, have epic spells at the ready if you do what I did, because otherwise you'll be stuck poking at yourself forever doing zero damage back and forth xD)

They will actually use psionic abilities as well.  They just can't augument them & if you give an NPC a psionic class, they will constantly trigger & then cancel the psion power conversation behind the scenes.
HEATSTROKE