Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Changes to Shifter (PnP), Warblade, Shining Blade of Heironeous, Shaman  (Read 14903 times)

February 17, 2010, 07:58:32 AM
Reply #15
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: CapnQ

Quote from: xwarren

Thank you CapnQ!

Your improvements are great! I like the idea of shifter packages :D

I'm merging your changes now - edited some files since that revision so I prefer to do that file by file ;). Your improvements will be included in next PRC release.

Thanks again!

Cool--thanks for merging the changes and thanks for the compliments!

I notice these changes aren't committed yet. If it's because you've been busy or because your changes that you're merging my changes into aren't ready yet, that's fine; but if it's because you had problems with my changes, I'd be glad to help if I can.

In any case, let me know when you do commit them: I have a few fixes that I'll send you (and maybe a new feature, which I mention in another thread).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 07:58:59 AM by CapnQ »

February 22, 2010, 11:03:13 AM
Reply #16
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Thank you CapnQ!

Your improvements are great! I like the idea of shifter packages :D

I'm merging your changes now - edited some files since that revision so I prefer to do that file by file ;). Your improvements will be included in next PRC release.

Thanks again!

I notice that you made some recent commits. Is what's in subversion pretty finished, or do you still have more work to do? In other words, if I get it, merge it with my new changes, and build it, am I likely to come up with something that works, or should I wait a bit?

February 22, 2010, 12:02:48 PM
Reply #17
    • View Profile

It works for me. There are still some minor glitches with new spellbook system, but it's playable.

February 22, 2010, 12:05:45 PM
Reply #18
  • Developer
    • View Profile

It works for me. There are still some minor glitches with new spellbook system, but it's playable.

I'll try to give it a shot soon, then. Thanks.

After I get it working, I'll send you some more changes.

February 24, 2010, 11:55:40 AM
Reply #19
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: CapnQ

I'll try to give it a shot soon, then. Thanks.

After I get it working, I'll send you some more changes.

OK, I've merged the changes from Subversion with my changes, and things appear to be mostly working. I'm having one problem though, and I'm curious if there's a solution.

Basically, if I try to use the updated PRC hak and tlk files, the spells don't match up right. For instance, if I memorize Light, then sleep, I might get the Shaman Quickened Dispel feat or something (it's always the same wrong something for a given spell, so it's not random--there's just a number mismatch somewhere). This is true whether I use a saved game or a start new one. This happened last time I had to updated PRC from Subversion, and the way I fixed it is to delete the files data/prc_data.fpt and data/prc_data.dbf and data/prc_data.cdx. I tried that again and it works, but only for new games (same as before). In saved games the mismatch problem stays the same and I get the additional problem that when I try to memorize new spells I get the message "No spells to select at level 0".

As I said, I'm asking about this because I'm curious. If there's nothing to be done, it's not a big deal: spells are an unimportant part of the character in the saved games, and I've got it working right for new games. I just thought that a) understanding what's going on would help me understand the spell system better, and b) if it's not already, the problem of new PRC versions not being compatible with saved games the need to delete the prc_data.* files when changing PRC versions  should be documented somewhere.

February 24, 2010, 05:57:21 PM
Reply #20
    • View Profile

I think that you need to generate new database files. I had almost the same problem, when I deleted database files my characters form saved games couldn't cast spells, but there was no such problem when I started new game (the names were correct though - probably because I update my database from time to time).

To generate the database you need:
[ulist=circle]run cmd (windows command line console program)
go to your SVN directory
type 'runmake database' or 'make database' if you deleted makefile.temp form last build process
follow the instructions from the console[/ulist]
The files will be generated in your NWN/database directory, and ready to use.

New versions of PRC are compatible with saved games - every new version come with updated database files, which overwrite old files during installation.

March 02, 2010, 03:18:51 PM
Reply #21
  • Developer
    • View Profile

I think that you need to generate new database files. I had almost the same problem, when I deleted database files my characters form saved games couldn't cast spells, but there was no such problem when I started new game (the names were correct though - probably because I update my database from time to time).

To generate the database you need:
[ulist=circle]run cmd (windows command line console program)
go to your SVN directory
type 'runmake database' or 'make database' if you deleted makefile.temp form last build process
follow the instructions from the console[/ulist]
The files will be generated in your NWN/database directory, and ready to use.

New versions of PRC are compatible with saved games - every new version come with updated database files, which overwrite old files during installation.

This is nice to know. Unfortunately, I never did get it to work: I've tried 'runmake database' twice and it crashed NWN twice after running for quite a long time.