Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Code Implementation Question  (Read 3454 times)

July 02, 2009, 04:04:15 AM

I should disclaimer this with saying that I have very little experience with working with NWN.  However, I am a pretty quick learner and have slowly been teaching myself to change various things around how I like them (Soulknife with full +1 BAB!  Yay!).  I'm at the point where I'd like to undertake a larger project, namely the creation of a custom class.  However, before I can begin, I need to know whether a couple things are even possible, relating to Domains (something I don't understand the functionality behind very well).

Firstly, is it possible to add "domains" that are a ) Not selectable as cleric domains, b ) Do not give any domain powers, just domain spells, and c ) otherwise identical to the base domains?  Would it just be a matter of duplicating the feat for the domain and removing some code from it?

Secondly, would it be possible to cleanly remove such a domain?  In other words, remove all of the domain spells granted by that domain from the character?

Thirdly, could such a domain be easily swapped at level up for the "full" version of the domain?  i.e., swap out the "spells only" version of the Strength Domain for a full-featured version?

Fourthly, is it possible to modify a character's spells per level per day based on the number of Domains they have?  Er... and by "possible" I mean "reasonably implementable without a highly complicated workaround".  XD

And finally, it there anything preventing a character from having more than two domains?

I recognize that I am probably biting off more than I can chew, but I've found that with modding projects, it's often best to start ambitious.  :)  And with answers to these questions I could at least figure out if the class I am trying to create is even physically possible to implement in NWN.  ^^;

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh, and if it would help clarify exactly what I am trying to accomplish, I can post the full writeup for the class if anyone wants to see it.

July 13, 2009, 11:38:02 AM
Reply #1

Domains: No, they are always cleric pickable, do not work for other classes. You can give domain powers that do nothing though.

You cannot swap out domains.

4: Nope. Not without some kind of cheat casting.

5: You cannot pick more than two domains.

You've sort of picked an idea that's close to impossible in NWN.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.