Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC 3.3H!!!  (Read 25509 times)

June 09, 2010, 06:03:42 AM
Reply #15
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

update looks lovely. but can't wait for next one (if it will be XD)
My first PrC+Q module (and 1st mod ever): Revamped OC

http://neverwinter.nexusmods.com/mods/163

June 09, 2010, 09:24:09 PM
Reply #16
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Love the new update thanks.

I tried to run the instructions xwarren posted. I have never used multiplayer before. I believe I have followed the instructions correctly.

The problem I have is that when I run NWNX2, and it launches nwserver, I choose my module name like I'm supposed to. When I run the game in multiplayer, using the LAN option (bottom of the 4 options), and connect to my module theres a problem. All my localvault characters are messed up, with "BARBARIAN" showing as the class.

I have seen this before when I have the wrong PRCCEP merge .tlk file, or when I am running custom haks in the module. However neither of these is the case, when I use regular sinlgle player mode my characters are fine in the SAME module. I have triple checked, I am choosing the correct module in both instances

SO whats special about multiplayer mode in terms of classes? I even tried unchecking :enforce legal characters" in case that was needed, still, no PRC base classes show up in my module that has long since had PRC and CEP added and works fine standalone. Any ideas?

June 09, 2010, 09:36:24 PM
Reply #17

I find the server connection display can be wonky have you tried logging in and seeing if in game it shows correctly?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:56:41 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

June 09, 2010, 09:37:27 PM
Reply #18

Quote from: seraglio

Love the new update thanks.

I tried to run the instructions xwarren posted. I have never used multiplayer before. I believe I have followed the instructions correctly.

The problem I have is that when I run NWNX2, and it launches nwserver, I choose my module name like I'm supposed to. When I run the game in multiplayer, using the LAN option (bottom of the 4 options), and connect to my module theres a problem. All my localvault characters are messed up, with "BARBARIAN" showing as the class.

On a multiplayer server, custom content isn't loaded until after you join the server.
HEATSTROKE

June 10, 2010, 02:03:32 AM
Reply #19
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

I wonder, what is the source for the lich prestige class? not the SRD I take it.
My first PrC+Q module (and 1st mod ever): Revamped OC

http://neverwinter.nexusmods.com/mods/163

June 10, 2010, 05:45:32 PM
Reply #20
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Thanks everyone it works when you actually log all the way in, really threw me off seeing Barbarian/Barbarian/Barbarian as my classes!

June 13, 2010, 10:01:05 AM
Reply #21

Quote from: xwarren

1. run nwnx -> nwserver will lunch soon after that
2. select one of your modules with PRC installed and click 'Load' (or sth, i have non-english game version ;p )
3. when it finishes loading run NWN as usual but instead of 'New game' select 'Multiplayer game'
4. confirm your login and password
5. select join game in local network - you should see your module on the list
6. join the game and select your character (you can experiment with character in server and local vault)
7. when you see your character in game rest - all permanent bonuses will be applied
8. your character should be automatically saved when you exit the module, you can than use it in SP mode

I've tested this and it works for me.
And it's easier than Leto!!! :D

IT WORKS!!!

June 13, 2010, 10:45:38 AM
Reply #22
    • View Profile

Quote from: bxb32001

1. run nwnx -> nwserver will lunch soon after that
2. select one of your modules with PRC installed and click 'Load' (or sth, i have non-english game version ;p )
3. when it finishes loading run NWN as usual but instead of 'New game' select 'Multiplayer game'
4. confirm your login and password
5. select join game in local network - you should see your module on the list
6. join the game and select your character (you can experiment with character in server and local vault)
7. when you see your character in game rest - all permanent bonuses will be applied
8. your character should be automatically saved when you exit the module, you can than use it in SP mode

I've tested this and it works for me.
And it's easier than Leto!!! :D

IT WORKS!!!

I told you so :P

June 14, 2010, 07:10:46 AM
Reply #23

Er... another thing: I notice that the downloadable version of the manual remains at 3.3f, while the index shows 'PRC v3.1'... I mean that could you please think about releasing a downloadable manual of 3.3H which is the same as the current online version?

Thanx!

June 23, 2010, 12:25:13 PM
Reply #24
  • Associate
    • View Profile

It's not really possible without NWNX, so you won't get those benefits in SP mode. As a workaround you could load any module with PRC installed (or even your saved game) into NWNX/NWServer and than join it with your character. The bonuses/penalties will be permanently applied after you rest.

Sorry, can't think of any easier way to do that.

I feel stupid making this suggestion after you have already implemented a different solution, but wouldn't it be possible in theory to get the same effect (permanent stat boosts) by creating feats the class would earn automatically at a certain level.  We know that epic feats like great strength endow a character with a permanent stat bonus, as does the draconic abilities feat for dragon disciples.  Wouldn't it be possible to create class specific, automatically acquired when appropriate,  feats to endow characters with appropriate stat boosts at the correct  levels?  That solution would work for sp as well as mp.

(However, that seems so obvious that there must be something wrong with it.  Still, curiosity compels me to at least ask.)

June 23, 2010, 12:34:11 PM
Reply #25
    • View Profile

Quote from: Calirion

It's not really possible without NWNX, so you won't get those benefits in SP mode. As a workaround you could load any module with PRC installed (or even your saved game) into NWNX/NWServer and than join it with your character. The bonuses/penalties will be permanently applied after you rest.

Sorry, can't think of any easier way to do that.

I feel stupid making this suggestion after you have already implemented a different solution, but wouldn't it be possible in theory to get the same effect (permanent stat boosts) by creating feats the class would earn automatically at a certain level.  We know that epic feats like great strength endow a character with a permanent stat bonus, as does the draconic abilities feat for dragon disciples.  Wouldn't it be possible to create class specific, automatically acquired when appropriate,  feats to endow characters with appropriate stat boosts at the correct  levels?  That solution would work for sp as well as mp.

(However, that seems so obvious that there must be something wrong with it.  Still, curiosity compels me to at least ask.)

Those feats are hard-coded into game engine (as almost all passive feats in NWN), we can't edit, add nor delete them. NWNX is the only option for that.

June 25, 2010, 11:41:35 AM
Reply #26
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Xwarren sorry to bother you but has custom cohorts been changed such that they no longer use random portraits and names? :O

June 25, 2010, 12:11:15 PM
Reply #27
    • View Profile

Quote from: Irriya

Xwarren sorry to bother you but has custom cohorts been changed such that they no longer use random portraits and names? :O

I've altered that a long time ago... i recall testing my changes but can't remember if they worked correctly or not. Well... there's only one way to find out :P

(sorry, don't have time to test it right now, but will try to do this in evening - or maybe you will be first ;)  )

June 25, 2010, 12:13:21 PM
Reply #28
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Ill go hop over and test it now, just past Midnight at my place :O

June 25, 2010, 12:52:38 PM
Reply #29
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I just tested it out and it works perfectly fine. Thanks for all the work done changing this. :P Yay to finally having proper cohorts that stick around with proper portraits /heads /names.