Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: disable party xp adjustment  (Read 28785 times)

June 21, 2010, 02:37:21 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

How do I disable party xp adjustment?
I am playing Master of Shrouds right now and leveling is brutal.

June 23, 2010, 09:40:37 AM
Reply #1

Quote from: lifanov

How do I disable party xp adjustment?
I am playing Master of Shrouds right now and leveling is brutal.

You don't give very much information.  Are you using the PRCs PnP XP system?
HEATSTROKE

June 23, 2010, 10:17:54 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that I didn't.
I am using the default Bioware XP system, but I can switch to one of the PRC ones if it will do what I need.
I want to run around with a ton of undead and still be able to level.

June 23, 2010, 10:57:50 AM
Reply #3

Quote from: lifanov

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that I didn't.
I am using the default Bioware XP system, but I can switch to one of the PRC ones if it will do what I need.
I want to run around with a ton of undead and still be able to level.

Turn the Bioware XP slider down to 0 in the module properties.

Set the following switches in the module variables:

PRC_XP_USE_PNP_XP = 1
PRC_XP_USE_SETXP = 1

Test out the module.  If that still isn't doing what you want, try adding these switches:

PRC_XP_SUMMONED_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 1
PRC_XP_FAMILIAR_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 1
PRC_XP_DOMINATED_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 1

The documentation isn't crystal clear, but I think the above switches will make summons, familiars & dominated NPCs not count very, little towards XP calculations.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:36:10 AM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

June 23, 2010, 11:15:11 AM
Reply #4

Also, you can get rid of all that & use the PRC version of PWFXP by Knat & FluffyAmoeba.  It's no longer at the link I had for it, but I can PM or email you the scripts if you want to go that route.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:29:48 AM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

June 23, 2010, 11:57:13 AM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Ohh, thank you very much for this information.
I would like a PM though.

July 21, 2010, 07:50:28 PM
Reply #6
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I only see PRC_XP_USE_SETXP = 1 in the flags I can set.  Where are the others located?

NOTE:  I'm calling up the PRC in game and looking at PRC options.

July 22, 2010, 02:18:29 AM
Reply #7
    • View Profile

All switches can be found in prc_inc_switch.nss file in prc_include.hak. You can set them on module in toolset or add personal_switch.2da file to your override folder.
That's how your personal_switch.2da should look like:
Code: [Select]
2DA V2.0

SwitchName                                 SwitchType SwitchValue
1  PRC_XP_USE_PNP_XP                          int        1          
2  PRC_XP_PC_PARTY_COUNT_x100                 int        100        
3  PRC_XP_HENCHMAN_PARTY_COUNT_x100           int        1          
4  PRC_XP_DOMINATED_PARTY_COUNT_x100          int        1          
5  PRC_XP_ANIMALCOMPANION_PARTY_COUNT_x100    int        1          
6  PRC_XP_FAMILIAR_PARTY_COUNT_x100           int        1          
7  PRC_XP_SUMMONED_PARTY_COUNT_x100           int        1          

You still need to move XP slider to 0 in module properties in toolset or you'll get double xp rewards.

July 22, 2010, 08:30:15 PM
Reply #8
  • Associate
    • View Profile

O.K.  I need help here.  I took the file you had and renamed it personal_switch.2da and put it in the override folder in the NWN folder.  I am not seeing any change in experience points when I load my game and play.

Also, when I open the toolset and pick campaign modules.  I only see the prelude and it says it is write protected.

I would appreciate any help.

Sorry for not being savy with the toolset.

September 28, 2010, 11:54:28 PM
Reply #9
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Sorry to bump this thread but I'm trying to do the exact same thing.  I've tried the above and it didn't work for me.  My test bed was the prelude with a level 1 dread necromancer.  Ran him through the thing maybe 20 times with all sorts of possibilities.  If I'm testing with bioware xp disabled I'm getting nothing at all.  If I'm testing with bioware xp enabled I'm getting two hits of the same xp.  And both are reduced when I increase the amount of summons I have out.  I've tried it with all those switch values at -1, 0, 1, and 100.  I've tried it with SetXP flagged on and off.  I've tried it with the prc_xp_slider_x100 set to 100 just to make sure.  

What the hell is going on here?  Is there something wrong with my testing area?  Are the weak goblins just worth 0 xp?  Is my skeleton too high level for me?  Are the mages too high level for me to get xp from?  I did note that on my last test I only got one hit from the mages, but still the double xp hits from the goblins.  This was with bioware xp enabled.

Every game was a fresh start (not from a save), and in between games I would start a new game for the explicit purpose of changing the settings to make sure they held.  Everytime I started a new game I closed out nwn entirely and started it back up.  Just to make sure none of the tests were inaccurate.

September 29, 2010, 05:46:14 PM
Reply #10
    • View Profile

Quote from: Xand

Sorry to bump this thread but I'm trying to do the exact same thing.  I've tried the above and it didn't work for me.  My test bed was the prelude with a level 1 dread necromancer.  Ran him through the thing maybe 20 times with all sorts of possibilities.  If I'm testing with bioware xp disabled I'm getting nothing at all.  If I'm testing with bioware xp enabled I'm getting two hits of the same xp.  And both are reduced when I increase the amount of summons I have out.  I've tried it with all those switch values at -1, 0, 1, and 100.  I've tried it with SetXP flagged on and off.  I've tried it with the prc_xp_slider_x100 set to 100 just to make sure.  

What the hell is going on here?  Is there something wrong with my testing area?  Are the weak goblins just worth 0 xp?  Is my skeleton too high level for me?  Are the mages too high level for me to get xp from?  I did note that on my last test I only got one hit from the mages, but still the double xp hits from the goblins.  This was with bioware xp enabled.

Every game was a fresh start (not from a save), and in between games I would start a new game for the explicit purpose of changing the settings to make sure they held.  Everytime I started a new game I closed out nwn entirely and started it back up.  Just to make sure none of the tests were inaccurate.

Well... I've never tried OC with pnp xp switch. Will have to check that. Might be as you think - xp switch uses different xp table than original NWN, and weak goblins might be too weak ;)

September 30, 2010, 07:49:46 AM
Reply #11

Quote from: xwarren

Well... I've never tried OC with pnp xp switch. Will have to check that. Might be as you think - xp switch uses different xp table than original NWN, and weak goblins might be too weak ;)

Yeah, if I remember right, the fist gobs you fight had exactly 2 hp.
HEATSTROKE

October 12, 2010, 05:05:30 PM
Reply #12
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Well, I gave up on this with two things in mind:

1) I couldn't seem to get it to work.
2) Advanced Learning wasn't in.  (And though I wanted to start with dread necromancer, I was considering going to lich.  And what lich is complete without timestop (<3 Kangaxx))?

Now that Advanced Learning is in, my interest is renewed...but I still don't know how to pull it off. :(

I basically just want to go through the campaigns summoning skeletons and end roughly at the same level I otherwise would. :/

Edit:  I may be wrong about advanced learning with time stop.  Also heals?  I don't exactly know what advanced learning provides I just assumed time stop would be accessible somehow and was going with the Arcane Disciple feats listed under Kaedrin's content for NWN2 found here:

http://nwn2customcontent.wikidot.com/dread-necromancer
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:10:41 PM by Xand »

October 13, 2010, 12:43:47 AM
Reply #13
  • Associate
    • View Profile

XWarren,

Should the code you presented be in a text file, or some other format?

update: nevermind, figured it out
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:08:08 AM by barna10 »

October 14, 2010, 01:21:30 AM
Reply #14
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Got the 2da made, but I'm not getting any XP!

I'm playing in Hotu and seeing 0 XP awarded (except for set awards)

Any ideas?

Update: finally figured out to load personal_switch.2da contents, but now system tells me "too far away to get any experience" everytime something is killed.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:27:22 AM by barna10 »