Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Warlock Imbue Item  (Read 5580 times)

July 23, 2010, 12:19:19 AM
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Is this feature implemented? How do you use it?

July 23, 2010, 07:40:21 PM
Reply #1
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Type of Feat: Class Specific
Prerequisite: Warlock 12.
Specifics: Warlocks can shape their supernatural powers to emulate spells when creating magical items. They can replace any spell requirement of a crafted item with a UMD check of 15 + Spell Level for arcane spells, and 25 + Spell Level for divine spells. They must still have the appropriate crafting feats to craft, however.
If you are attempting to craft a wearable item, use the appropriate feat.
If you are attempting to craft a limited use item such as a wand, scroll, potion, or staff, then use this feat on the base item and select the spell to use in the following dialog.
Use: Selected/Automatic.

When I use the feat on a bone wand for instance, the feat simply toggles on and off "imbue item on" "imbue item off". I never get a menu to choose spells I want to enchant the wand or other items with. I have the craft wand feat, 15+ UMD, ample gold and xp etc.

July 23, 2010, 09:44:19 PM
Reply #2

When you turn it on did you try casting a spell on the wand? I recall the stock craft want feat needing you to cast the spell on the wand.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:45:14 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

July 24, 2010, 03:26:42 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

I think you need to use Craft Item feat on that wand - this will cause a conversation to pop up with list of available spells. I haven't used this for a long time so I'm not 100% sure about that, will have to check ;)

July 24, 2010, 12:17:45 PM
Reply #4
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Weird I could swear I tried that and it didn't work yesterday, but today I DID get a spell menu and was able to create a wand as Xwarren stated. Last time i tried I got a Menu that had "continue" on it. After a short pause (3 ticks), The menu would give me different items like short swords and whips and i could create masterwork or +1 versions. I could also get a bone wand, but no spell menu.

Thanks again for the help!