Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Help with ConvoCC for server  (Read 25206 times)

July 29, 2010, 06:05:02 PM
Reply #30
  • Adept
    • View Profile
    • www.altharianrenegade.com

yes my friend I am 1.8.2
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 06:05:54 PM by Moixa »

July 29, 2010, 06:07:33 PM
Reply #31

I wiped my post as I realized my idea was not applicable. But you replied to fast it seems.

You could try adding the -d32 switch to the java line of the precatcher.

The line would look like this: java -d32 -Xmx100m -jar prc.jar 2datosql precacher2das sqlite

July 29, 2010, 06:17:44 PM
Reply #32
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I just tried your last suggestion, that did nor work either :(

Thanks though

July 29, 2010, 06:47:13 PM
Reply #33

Try doing some googleing about solutions for the "java is not recognized as an external or internal command" error. If you can find a solution for that the precatcher should work. Then we can move on to the issue with your module.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 06:47:32 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

July 29, 2010, 09:10:27 PM
Reply #34

Quote from: KenquinnTheInsaneOne

Try doing some googleing about solutions for the "java is not recognized as an external or internal command" error. If you can find a solution for that the precatcher should work. Then we can move on to the issue with your module.

Maybe Java never got added to his Windows PATH?
HEATSTROKE

July 29, 2010, 09:13:31 PM
Reply #35

I wiped my post as I realized my idea was not applicable. But you replied to fast it seems.

You could try adding the -d32 switch to the java line of the precatcher.

The line would look like this: java -d32 -Xmx100m -jar prc.jar 2datosql precacher2das sqlite

You need to add more RAM to that command.  Try -Xmx512m instead.
HEATSTROKE

July 29, 2010, 09:15:31 PM
Reply #36

Why would it need to be increased over the stock 100?

July 29, 2010, 09:18:06 PM
Reply #37

Quote from: Moixa

thanks,

I tried all but still no luck but did not realise it would be so hard to do, I am sure a few years ago running the prc on my server was no problems.    I spent many hours trying to get it to work the way I thought it should, as able to select any class at start, and last few hours I have been hopping in and out of the few prc servers out there, and none of them seem to offer at level 1 the classes offered by prc on initial char selection, and when finally get on the server they seem to have no prc convo conversation and you have to be level 2 before can use prc skills/classes.  Is that the way it is meant to work or are you meant to be able to select class at level on initial server log in?

I am not sure if I am plain confused or maybe the other servers using prc gave up and just able to select  prc classes etc after level 2, like I had iniitially?

But unable to seemingly generate a sqllite database is not good for my situation

Thanks

Feel free to log into my server if you want to see how it is supposed to work.

Flaming Sword's PRC Multiplayer Tester
IP: 67.223.193.78:5130

or under Tech Support on GameSpy
HEATSTROKE

July 29, 2010, 09:19:14 PM
Reply #38

Why would it need to be increased over the stock 100?

It won't run on my PC with that command line, I actually have mine kicked up to 1024.
HEATSTROKE

July 30, 2010, 07:02:29 AM
Reply #39
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hi all,

Finally after a lot of reading I have managed to get the precacher and the ConvoCC to work properly, thanks a lot for all who tried to help and I now have a PRC 3.3h and CEP 2.3 server hosted under PW Action server name Moixa so please feel free to hop in :)

And how did I get it to work:

I downloaded the Java Development kit and the Java Runtime enviroment ( I needed both from here)  http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html#need

and installed them both to my server PC.

I then used this to set up my enviromental variables automatically as I am rather lazy and I got this nifty little programme from here http://www.moparscape.org/smf/index.php/topic,375681.0.html

Well the precahcer for sqllite still did not work so I had to change the bottom section of it to this:  

Code: [Select]
del precacher2das\*.2da
mkdir precacher2das
7za x bioware2das.7z -oprecacher2das
erf -x hak\prc_2das.hak
erf -x hak\prc_race.hak
copy cls_feat*.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy cls_skill*.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy race_feat*.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy spells.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy racialappear.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy racialtypes.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy classes.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy feat.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy domains.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy appearance.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy portraits.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy soundset.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy wingmodel.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy tailmodel.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy gender.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy hen_companion.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy hen_familiar.2da precacher2das\*.2da
copy custom2das\*.2da precacher2das\*.2da
del *.2da
del *.nss
del *.ncs
del sqlite.db
java -Xmx1024m -jar prc.jar 2datosql precacher2das sqlite
sqlite sqlite.db ".read out.sql"
pause

As you can see I removed the -d32 (not sure what that does but would not work with it) also changed the Xmx100m line to Xmx11024m   as seemed I got a memory error when precaching was running even though have 2 gigs of memory on the server.

Well I am extremely happy and thanks again for your help and hopefully the information here willl help someone else.

July 30, 2010, 08:27:42 AM
Reply #40

HEATSTROKE

August 07, 2010, 07:09:47 AM
Reply #41

Well I just went to check out your world Moixa and I didn't get the CC convo when I logged in.

August 13, 2010, 10:57:30 AM
Reply #42
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hi,

Sorry, I have been really busy, if you try it, it now works correctly, please feel free to give it another go :)

August 26, 2010, 07:02:02 AM
Reply #43

I'm having a different problem with the ConvoCC.
Works fine (though the Feat list takes a bit long) until I try to create a Psion or Shaman.
After the skill selection it just throws me out with "Server response timed out" or something similar, right before getting to the Feats.

I wanted to try it out on DM Heatstroke's module, but couldn't find the required haks.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 07:02:35 AM by Sorathul »
We are the result of your laws.
We are the result of your democracy.
We are the result of your corruption.

August 26, 2010, 11:44:32 AM
Reply #44

Quote from: Sorathul

I'm having a different problem with the ConvoCC.
Works fine (though the Feat list takes a bit long) until I try to create a Psion or Shaman.
After the skill selection it just throws me out with "Server response timed out" or something similar, right before getting to the Feats.

I wanted to try it out on DM Heatstroke's module, but couldn't find the required haks.

You didn't look very hard.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:45:08 AM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE