Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Game killer  (Read 3614 times)

August 19, 2010, 05:28:47 PM
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I have run into a game killing bug.

The cleric spell "Ring of Blades", is causing havoc in my game.  The spell wont ware off.  Worse yet, if I move near a henchman or any NPC they start taking damage.  If I move far away from them (outside the 5' rand of the spell) they continue taking damage until they die.  If I go through a screen transition, I can still see them taking damage in the log and they die.  I tried just standing around for 20 minutes real time and it still working.

With no ability to talk to an NPC without killing them, my game is over.  Once they start taking damage you can't talk to them and when henchmen not in your party dies, they are gone perminently.

I'm so bummed out by this.

August 19, 2010, 10:06:38 PM
Reply #1
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

well try playing without using this spell... i know nothing about scripts so i cant help, and its probably a problem in the spell script, your using only prc? and its the original campaign right? which module?

August 19, 2010, 10:09:05 PM
Reply #2
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

also, try to cast some dispel magic on yourself... isnt there mordenkainen disjunction for clerics? in epic levels theres a epic spell for dispelling too
and how long should that spell persist?

August 20, 2010, 05:31:26 PM
Reply #3
  • Associate
    • View Profile

My character is only 7th level.  

I tried the dispell magic on myself and it didn't work.

On the plus side, I found that my auto-save was before I cast the spell.  Removed circle of blades from memory and will not use again.  

NOTE:  Circle of blades worked fine for several uses.  Just seems this one use broke it.  It was acting as if two circle of blades spells were active at once (would see two damage numbers appear each round).  I could find no way to remove the effect and had to reload the earlier save to continue.

Seems like a dangerous spell to leave in the game if it can do this. The bug would have ended my game had I not had the earlier save.