Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Preexisting characters and ElgarL's new system  (Read 3101 times)

October 27, 2010, 01:03:06 PM

One nice thing about the ConvoCC for server is it allows PW to convert non-PRC characters into PRC compatible ones. With ElgarL's new system the current ConvoCC would detect them as new characters and try to run on them. DMH pointed out that you could just add in a check to the OnEnter script to see if the character has 0 XP. If it does then you don't run the ConvoCC for the server. This is not a perfect solution to the problem. Characters that were created, but never gained any XP could still be bugged.

It would be nice if there was a system for converting non-PRC characters to the PRC for persistent worlds after ElgarL's project comes out.

October 27, 2010, 01:45:41 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: KenquinnTheInsaneOne

One nice thing about the ConvoCC for server is it allows PW to convert non-PRC characters into PRC compatible ones.

Does it?  If I take a 30th lvl vanilla fighter & join a PRC module will it let me level him back up to 30th?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:46:09 PM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

October 27, 2010, 04:01:20 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

It just needs an XP check. Once the new system is in any character created will be PRC compliant.
Any already existing will not. Any already created but not used (zero xp) will need to be remade or take have a selectable option to run convocc. Probably easiest just to remake if never used.

October 27, 2010, 04:25:52 PM
Reply #3

It seems the PRC adds the required feats and such to a character without the ConvoCC so it may be a but if a mute issue. My assumption was non-PRC characters would not work correctly without being run through the ConvoCC.